Author Topic: Help : problem to reinstall sear cage to frame - PCR  (Read 1335 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Help : problem to reinstall sear cage to frame - PCR
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 04:43:14 AM »
As stated above I put a light chamfer on my pins as the sharp flat edge is what catches the spring and kills it. A light taper on the end of the sear pin that installs into the cage first helps pull the spring back in place if it moves. The sharp edge will just cut the spring.

Offline wagon

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 10:00:19 PM »
Ah ha... that makes a lot of sense.....  I was thinking from the other side of the pond, per se...   LOL

As stated above I put a light chamfer on my pins as the sharp flat edge is what catches the spring and kills it. A light taper on the end of the sear pin that installs into the cage first helps pull the spring back in place if it moves. The sharp edge will just cut the spring.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
What made it easier for me was that instead of using a rigid slave pin I used a piece of thin plastic tubing. I cut the correct length from a wd 40 bottle, you know the red straw the helps direct the spray. The small bit of flexibility seemed to make it a lot easier to install the lifter spring

Offline mkd

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
in a pinch a q tip can be cut to lenght and used as a slave pin!

Offline wagon

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 10:51:42 PM »
The challenge is not with the slave pin, it is the sucker spring and the sear pin.