Author Topic: Did I buy the wrong Scorpion pistol (flash can version)  (Read 623 times)

Online canyoncarver

Re: Did I buy the wrong Scorpion pistol (flash can version)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »
Hey everyone thanks for all of the great information.
I looked into the problems with 3 lug mounts and endcap strikes and it appears that the issues are primarily centered around using the Octane 9 or an Octane 45 with the 9 endcap that SiCo stopped making.

Since my weapon did not include the pistol style barrel nut, or the compensator retention tab piece or the flash hider I am kind of boned if I didn't want to leave this can permanently attached as I'd have no muzzle device when it wasn't on the weapon.

My fault for purchasing the weapon version I did without doing my homework.

I will probably get the Manticore tri lug and red loctite it to the barrel since otherwise I've gotta buy a bunch of other !@## and I'd rather spend my money making the weapon more functional than buying factory parts.

Loaded question but what does the NFA guidance letter mean to owners who buy a brace other than the SB one?

LGS seem to think that this means that shouldering of the weapon with a non modified pistol brace (had an active duty LEO who works at a LGS tell me this actually) and I've seen other people freak out and say that the letter only covers accidental or incedental contact with the shoulder when firing the weapon.

Offline st381183

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 11:51:44 PM »
The Silencerco tri-lug mount is super loose on all my platforms. I use Tro-USA three lug mounts on my PCC barrels. I have a Rugged Obsidian and a Griffin Optimus. The Griffin tri-lug mount can be used with the Octane and I highly recommend doing so. I check all my suppressors with alignment rods prior to firing, the SiCo tri-lug is so loose on my Octane 45 that I could easily move the end of the can to touch the rod at the 45 end cap. SiCo has now released an internal tri-lug mount that resembles the Griffin tri-lug a lot. I was really wanting the original SiCo tri-lug to work so I could fit the small circumferenced tri-lug mount an inch or so under a rail.

Online canyoncarver

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 02:47:21 AM »
Interesting. I wonder if the griffin tri lug fits the Obsidian.

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
Have you considered trading the Pistol you have for the other version that is set up more like you need?  I would bet a member here would do a trade, or perhaps buy yours without you taking much of a loss. It could be cheaper to do that instead of buying a lot of parts to.  Just food for thought.

Offline st381183

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
Interesting. I wonder if the griffin tri lug fits the Obsidian.

The Obsidian tri-lug mount is good to go with the Obsidian. Haven't tested any other configurations or mounts with it.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 05:19:39 PM »
It didn't come with any of the other pieces in the box?  Not even the collar for the 18mm threads? 

That sucks. 

Online canyoncarver

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
It didn't come with any of the other pieces in the box?  Not even the collar for the 18mm threads? 

That sucks.

Nope. My own fault for not knowing. The idea of running it suppressed 100% of the time seemed neat but being able to break it down to backpack size for transport is more appealing. I will keep the handguard initially and I can always switch it back if I change my mind. If I end up selling the handguard, barrel nut and faux can for $85 later it offsets the cost of the missing stuff a bit.