Author Topic: First shots new Shadow 2.  (Read 573 times)

Offline FN in MT

First shots new Shadow 2.
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
 Took the new Shadow 2 to my local quarry range this morning before we hit 90 degrees. My first shots  in the S2, and a box of assorted HP's through the 75 to check for function with defense ammo.
https://image.ibb.co/btxe9F/IMG_5327.jpg

The S2 was an absolute joy to shoot. Reminds me of my X-5 SIg comp gun. Everything is smooth, the safety works with a positive, though not over demanding..."snick". Great sights, decent trigger, simply easy to shoot well.  And it IS accurate.

https://image.ibb.co/kk7CUF/IMG_5329.jpg

Shot an assortment of 9mm that I have been hoarding for years....Time to shoot it up. All of it shot well enough. My only surprise with the S2 was it didn't like SPEER 147 gr HP's. The slug  sticks out of the case enough that they  jam in the tight chamber. NO problem as this is not a carry/defense gun. And I'd bet it has a min spec  Match chamber anyway.  The 75B digested them fine, no issues.

Then simply had fun banging my steel flapper plate.
https://image.ibb.co/jjne9F/IMG_5332.jpg

I'm VERY happy with both of my new CZ's. I think I may replace the grips on the S2 with some LOK, palm swells like I have on the 75 , but going to shoot it more first.

Next project....Build a kydex Range rig for the Shadow.

I've drank the CZ kool-aid and I want MORE!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:49:39 AM by FN in MT »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: First shots new Shadow 2.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:22:59 PM »
Like that pistol!

:oJust :o a little help,  but I couldn't find the right image size for 'forums'.  Find the right size pic, =  http://HTTPS://abcde.jpg,  post it and then highlight it and click on the Mona Lisa icon. First image on the second row above your post. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:45:47 PM by 1SOW »

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »
ISOW,

I click on my links and get normal sized shots. I have NO idea what You want me to do.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:40:53 PM »
Should be a ".jpg" pic there somewhere,  but the only one I saw (see link above by rt clicking it and see
 https://image.ibb.co/btxe9F/IMG_5327.jpg ) needed to be resized smaller

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:43:01 PM by 1SOW »

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:52:18 AM »
 "JPG."   Got it.     I'm  so accustomed to Photobucket ,which I had figured out. Still some learning to do with IMGUR.  Sorry.

Offline darr3239

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 01:14:07 AM »
I love the way my Shadow 2 shoots.

I noticed something the last time out when I shot some 147 gr. light loads. The Shadow 2 digested them with no issues what so ever, but my Glock 35 (with a 9mm barrel) choked every two or three rounds. The Glock just didn't like the low power loads, as it wasn't kicking them out all the way consistently. Don't know why, but I would have though it would have been the other way around.

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
  Way back I carried a Dept 9mm and they issued us 147's. When we moved to the .357 SIG, as one of the Firearms Instructors....I ended up with quite a lot of old 147 gr ammo. Mostly FC Hydra Shoks  and some Speers.  With the FC rds I think there is too much bullet length outside the case. The full caliber area, below the ogive is the culprit.

It appears in MY 75B it's not a power issue...it's a chamber issue. And only with the Federal rds.  Or it's the angle the rd enters the chamber?  Either way, by generally the  5th to 6th rd ,it locks up the slide.   On a rd that just entered the chamber. NOT a fired rd, FTE.

I tried one mag of the Speers in my S2 and they functioned fine. Were one of the most accurate loads I tried at 20 yds too.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
Gosh I have been a  lot more pleased with my last few shots with my Shadow 2 than the first shots!
Not that the first several 100 rounds were at all bad.
The weapon has smoothed down very nicely and I am sure I am getting better aquainted with it as well. I am super pleased with it myself.
I have no reason to even speak of reliability honestly, I have a P-01, Sp-01, 97BD and the Shadow 2. 
I can remember exactly 1 malfunction between all 4 pistols in over 20, 000 rounds fired.
that malfunction was a failure to fire and the second strike on DA took care of that!
the 97 BD has the  tightest chamber and  certain projectiles would not pass the plunk test that ran fine in my many other 45 acp, I simply adjusted the OAL  for that weapon and  never looked back.

anything