Author Topic: CZ-75B SAO Upgrades  (Read 4989 times)

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: CZ-75B SAO Upgrades
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 04:28:45 PM »
I also don't recommend this for the first timers but I removed the edge of the hammer and sear some to get a clean break with out buying the hammer and sear.

Both CGW and CZCustom have posted several times on this in the past.  The factory CZ hammers will not have a long life if re-profiled.  You have basically removed any heat treat to that part of the hammer.  You're better off not wasting the time and just buying the hammer to start with.  If you can't afford a hammer right away, just wait until you save up enough for one and leave the factory one stock.  This isn't a 1911, and you can't treat it like one.

Offline h8louzn

Re: CZ-75B SAO Upgrades
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 01:18:42 AM »
I also don't recommend this for the first timers but I removed the edge of the hammer and sear some to get a clean break with out buying the hammer and sear.

Both CGW and CZCustom have posted several times on this in the past.  The factory CZ hammers will not have a long life if re-profiled.  You have basically removed any heat treat to that part of the hammer.  You're better off not wasting the time and just buying the hammer to start with.  If you can't afford a hammer right away, just wait until you save up enough for one and leave the factory one stock.  This isn't a 1911, and you can't treat it like one.
Thanks for the info. I know it?s not a 1911 but so far it?s fine. Worst that can happen is I have to buy a new hammer and sear! I talked to David and he told that he did not recommend doing it and I take David?s word as gold on czs but the guy helping me was done before I told him not to do it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk