Author Topic: Thoughts on CMCW Reciever?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline DireSteyr

Thoughts on CMCW Reciever?
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
Hi everybody,
I just got my first vz. 58 (2k8) and it's generally been a bit of an underwhelming experience.  It's fun to shoot but it has had a bit of a rough start. First off, When it arrived it was super dirty and appeared to have some minor corrosion from shooting yugo ammo and being left for a few months, so i had to deal with that, then I found out it had a bent piston and THEN when i finally got put to shoot it, it would fail to go fully into battery every 5th shot or so (I think bad recoil spring).  As i said, underwhelming.

I have shot other friend's vz. 58s and I think that the problem is with my individual firearm and not the system itself.   Anyways, after reading through this incredibly helpful forum I am very seriously thinking about just building my own so I can have everything just the way I like it.

If I decide to go that route it seems like the soon to arrive CNC Warrior reciever is the only way to go right now and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or information on it. Do you guys think it will super close to the originals like CSA recievers, or something that just barely misses the mark like the one from CAI? I'm trying to put together the nicest rifle I can and I would like it to be as close to the original as I can get it.  I'm more than willing to put the time in to get it right but I don't want to start off on a project like this if the reciever isn't right (let alone drop $600).

Please ley me know what you think. Any input is welcomed. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline RSR

Re: Thoughts on CMCW Reciever?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »
CNCW receivers are excellent.  Yes, they are pricey, but that's in part to CNCW beginning to price them w/ profit margins similar to their other items -- accounting for material cost, hours on machines, etc...  Before, they had nominal profits and were looking to get out of the receiver game entirely; but demand has them still producing some receivers as they are the best and no one else is really making them...

Worth noting on the CNCW receivers, they incorporate the FCG takedown lever which instead of c clips uses a rivet through the receiver to takedown that portion of the weapon and eliminates the ability to lose small c clips.  The takedown levers are great engineering and stupid simple and fast to disassemble the fcg for cleaning.  This feature alone makes this receiver better than the rest IMO.  YMMV.

Offline RSR

Re: Thoughts on CMCW Reciever?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »
*Should also note, and in no way advocating anyone do anything in violation of the law, but the CNCW receivers are probably the closest to original czech f/a spec that's available other than questionable AWO/ORF receivers...  IIRC the Czechpoint/Czech Small Arms/Dtechnik receivers all have thicker sidewalls to prohibit the installation of f/a components.  There is the obvious weight savings, but also if you have the appropriate BATF license or belong to an appropriate dot gov agency or LE department, CNCW is likely your best option to go the f/a route. 
Now I haven't measured and can't say for certain, but typically they build to original specs...  And US made receivers generally have less scrutiny/more bandwidth for rules compliance than imports.

anything