Author Topic: How much 'air' should be under a rear sight?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Ciph3r

How much 'air' should be under a rear sight?
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:05:07 PM »
Installed a set of HTACs on my 75B, and there's so little room left under the rear sight that I have to shift it to a certain angle to see light through it. It's definitely not touching anything, but I'm wondering if I should adjust the fit a little more.

Edit: when I say it's tight, I mean it's TIGHT, like I can't manage to get a piece of printer paper under it, but I can see light.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:12:49 PM by Ciph3r »
I am long winded. Ask me what my favorite gun is, I'll write you a novel. Hell, I have trouble deciding what gun to grab for when the dogs bark at night :o.

"No word he could uphold, cause the only truth he ever told was that there's far to many ways to die."

Offline Ciph3r

Re: How much 'air' should be under a rear sight?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:46:12 PM »
Bump
I am long winded. Ask me what my favorite gun is, I'll write you a novel. Hell, I have trouble deciding what gun to grab for when the dogs bark at night :o.

"No word he could uphold, cause the only truth he ever told was that there's far to many ways to die."

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »
As long as it will slide into the dovetail and clear the slide top it's good.  When the CZC Comp. Sight came out,  it didn't clear the slide top and broke in half after a 5-600 RDS.  It just flexed minutely when I tapped it in my 75B.  They sent me a new one and advised sanding some clearance .  I did so and it still works fine.  As long as you can see daylight under the rear of the sight /behind the dovetail,  your good.

Unless you're talking about the bottom of the sight dovetail?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:24:38 PM by 1SOW »

Offline copemech

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 11:40:40 PM »
He must be referring to the rear of the sight/slide clearance if he is gonna try to slide paper in there. If you can see light, you are good.

The rear Tac on my 75 stainless was installed by CZC for this reason and I did not want to screw it up. There is NO light visible that I have seen! O0

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:14:14 AM »
Installed these on 2 of my CZ's and yes I can see no light. Great sights and the gun shoots awesome with them. No worries just shoot and enjoy.

Offline Ciph3r

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 12:43:32 PM »
Thanks folks, I opened the gap JUST a bit more with a file, and left it be after I could find light through it. Piece of paper barely fits in it now.

anything