Author Topic: New P01 Omega, finally see the light  (Read 2218 times)

Offline cstellabott

New P01 Omega, finally see the light
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
I just picked up a new P01 omega and I can't put it down. I've read all the posts and I usually don't buy into the hype, but I was dead wrong on this one. It's an amazing pistol! I usually carry a 75c in a Kydex holster or a P07, and before the P01 I was quite happy with them. Not anymore, I'm amazed  it's only about 4 oz lighter, but it feels sooo light! and compared to my 'mini' SP01, it feels like half the weight of that gun. Had I picked up this as my first carry gun, I don't believe I would have the other compact CZs in my collection. Don't get me wrong, I love all my CZs, but this is definitely my new favorite carry gun. I'm glad I waited, tho. It gave me a chance to try out others, like the P07, witness c in 45, P10, and a couple of the SARs, but hands down the P01 smokes the all, I M O. So after about a thousand rounds or so , I'll think about a CGW upgrade or send it to Stuart at CZ customs. Has anyone else used either? ..or both? Any feedback of before and after is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Winkel

Re: New P01 Omega, finally see the light
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:43:26 PM »
Personally, I like the Omega trigger system much better than the old standard version.  I have two Omegas and three of the old standard version and I much prefer the Omega.

Congratulations!  It's nice to make a purchase like this and be so happy with it!

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »
David at CGW applied his magic to my P01 Omega and couldn't be happier. Highly recommend CGW for sure. Good people, quality service
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:03:43 AM by Tanners Owner »
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Hillbilly357

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
Likewise, David at CGW worked on my P-01 Omega. I was dubious that the Omega system with their upgrades would be as smooth as they are. As their website says: Truly World Class.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »
Congrats on a FINE looking gun - really!

From my experience with the Omega system and the P07, I would say that the old trigger system is much better especially after some polishing.  BUT - glad you are enjoying your gun.

BTW - I think CZ has stepped up their standard triggers in the past years - I've felt some pretty good triggers OTB lately.

Offline cstellabott

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 10:28:05 AM »
Thank you guys and thanks for the info!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:02:26 AM »
Very nice!  8)