Author Topic: cz compact is a shooter!!  (Read 966 times)

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
cz compact is a shooter!!
« on: July 17, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
I have maybe 300 rds through her now and just got back from the range. Bought the target that has 5 smaller targets on it. The ten rings were an oval that looks a touch smaller than 2 quarters one atop the other. I put the target out to 30 ft and on all 5 mini targets was all 9 and 10 ring. I was able to black out the ten on two of the targets. I only load about 8 per mag when I do this.

Man I have had ALOT of guns over the years .. this may be nudging its way into my favorite status. Its the steel compact and it points so bleep naturally and is so easy to control. I LOVE the trigger reset. I have done no work to this gun yet and its bleep near perfect.

Only bummer was I lost my piece of grip tape on the front strap and I felt myself adjust my grip a couple of times even though I tend to hold guns in a death grip. Have to find a grip tape that stays stuck.

I will add that I shot about 8 gold dots... 124 grain not +p. The gun seems to love them. I dont shoot them often as they are more than a buck apiece but every now and again I do it to make sure it feeds and everything works since this has become my carry gun and I have boxes of gold dots. With the 8 gold dots I put 6 inside of holes and just wiped out the 10 ring. What a flat shooter those gold dots are and it seems to cycle that action straight back. Glad its my carry ammo AND my gun loves it.

They dont seem to give me any more noticeable recoil but they do seem to cycle nicer. Its hard to describe.

I shot my 1911 today as well which has been my gold standard for my own personal accuracy but today I was far better with my little CZ.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: cz compact is a shooter!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:37:37 PM »
Next to my PCR my steel frame 75B Compact is one of my all time favorites. Accuracy is superb and the thing just fits like it was made for me. The Compact is one of those guns I'll never part with.

Offline gomerpyle

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »
sounds awesome!

Offline kulacz11

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »
I recently got a new Compact from CZ Custom, love the grip and feel also! My question is,, what distance are you shooting at? My local range is set at 25 yards and at the distance, my gun seems to be shooting left. Its probably me doing something wrong or maybe my eyes!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:16:18 PM »
Excellent!

The Guardian

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:56 PM »
I recently got a new Compact from CZ Custom, love the grip and feel also! My question is,, what distance are you shooting at? My local range is set at 25 yards and at the distance, my gun seems to be shooting left. Its probably me doing something wrong or maybe my eyes!

You didn't mention how far left....but for a compact at 25 yards if your still hitting the "fleshy" part of the target......that's great!  Compact handguns aren't typically employed at that distance for self defense except in extreme circumstances (aka... No other choice).  Reason being the margin of error goes up exponentially at longer distances and shorter barrels.  Really 7-10 yards is ideal, 15 yards is kinda pushing what's within reason.....beyond that is a free for all, unless you have a longer barrel and/or a scope.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:58:58 PM by The Guardian »