Author Topic: Rough first range day  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Thrillbilly

Re: Rough first range day
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
To my eye, that feed ramp looks pretty crooked,  like the barrel is turned about 20 degrees off center. Look at the ramp on the receiver on the left, and then look how the barrel is off alignment several MM.

Someone else had that happen and had a thread on it, though it was more pronounced. https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=88986.0
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:08:56 PM by Thrillbilly »

Offline Superdave532

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »
To my eye, that feed ramp looks pretty crooked,  like the barrel is turned about 20 degrees off center. Look at the ramp on the receiver on the left, and then look how the barrel is off alignment several MM.

Someone else had that happen and had a thread on it, though it was more pronounced. https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=88986.0

Hmmm, now that you mention it, I think I see it too. Hope you're wrong and that it's not something I need to send in. Thanks for the comment.

Also quick note, for some reason the link you provided gives me a warning when I click on it

Offline kyron4

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 08:45:25 AM »
When did they start grinding/polishing a feed ramp at the chamber mouth ? Mine has the feed ramp on the fixation and around the chamber mouth is one large chamfer with circular machine lines like in your picture, but no smoothed out "ramp" on the lower part going into the chamber.  Mine has 1,000 + rounds without a single failure.

Offline Sephael

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 09:13:50 AM »

Also quick note, for some reason the link you provided gives me a warning when I click on it
It is because he linked https

Offline Superdave532

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
When did they start grinding/polishing a feed ramp at the chamber mouth ? Mine has the feed ramp on the fixation and around the chamber mouth is one large chamfer with circular machine lines like in your picture, but no smoothed out "ramp" on the lower part going into the chamber.  Mine has 1,000 + rounds without a single failure.

Could you post a picture of yours so I can see the difference?

Offline Superdave532

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
Quick update for anyone interested:

Just got back from the range where my Scorpion flawlessly cycled 355 rounds using my factory mags (200 Speer Lawman TMJ (flat nose), 100 American Eagle (ball ammo), 40 hollow points, and 15 underwood extreme defenders (plus sign nose shape)).  The good news is I didn't get a lemon Scorpion, the bad news is this just became a review of the Manticore magazines.

I know a lot of people have used these magazines without issue, and my impression is Manticore is a good company.  If they came out with an updated version of these that reliably addressed the feeding and failure to lock back issues, I would definitely be open to giving them a second try.  For now though, I'll be one vote against ordering them for yourself (though there will undoubtedly be dozens of happy users here that will tell you otherwise).

Thanks again for all the comments, I appreciate your input. 

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
Gonna be keeping those Manticore mags or ya gonna get rid of them?

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »
Quick update for anyone interested:

Just got back from the range where my Scorpion flawlessly cycled 355 rounds using my factory mags (200 Speer Lawman TMJ (flat nose), 100 American Eagle (ball ammo), 40 hollow points, and 15 underwood extreme defenders (plus sign nose shape)).  The good news is I didn't get a lemon Scorpion, the bad news is this just became a review of the Manticore magazines.

I know a lot of people have used these magazines without issue, and my impression is Manticore is a good company.  If they came out with an updated version of these that reliably addressed the feeding and failure to lock back issues, I would definitely be open to giving them a second try.  For now though, I'll be one vote against ordering them for yourself (though there will undoubtedly be dozens of happy users here that will tell you otherwise).

Thanks again for all the comments, I appreciate your input.

I feel sure they will Warranty the mags.  Last thing they want is a highly visible negative review out there, when it may just be a faulty lot.

Offline Superdave532

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 09:07:16 PM »

I feel sure they will Warranty the mags.  Last thing they want is a highly visible negative review out there, when it may just be a faulty lot.

I've been in contact with Prepper Gun Shop through this process, and they have been responsive.  If possible, I'm going to try and just return them.  I'll let you guys know what they say.  Thing is, I don't want this review to be viewed as excessively bleeping.  I managed to find another reviewer on another site who mentioned the exact same issues which hasn't seemingly been referenced here; so it's not a unique issue, but it's also not a common one by any means.  Can't remember the link right now for it, but this strikes me as some sort of batch issue.

Honestly, I'd like to commend Manticore for making an effort to give this market what it wants.  To date, they're the only ones I'm aware of that have put a premium, metal feed lip magazine on the market.  Owners had been asking since launch for exactly something like this and they are the only ones to make it happen.  I appreciate every company that's investing time, money, and effort into something that this community benefits from.  It might not have worked out for me, but it has worked out for others, and I'm sure that down the line these issues will be remedied. 

Offline Superdave532

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 12:16:29 PM »
Final update, getting $60 store credit from prepper gun shop for the mags. Would happily do business with them again.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »
Final update, getting $60 store credit from prepper gun shop for the mags. Would happily do business with them again.

Good deal! Stand up guys...

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »
What range serial number is your Scorpion and when did you buy the mags?

I haven't shot my Scorpion yet and am wondering if I'll have similar issues.

Offline Superdave532

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 07:57:14 PM »

C217XXX.  I bought the mags when I bought the gun, which was around the middle of August.  My guess is that you won't have any issues if you're using factory mags, as these guns are just stupid reliable.  My personal experience says Manticore mags may give you an issue, but countless people on this forum have used them without a problem.  Only one way to find out - get out there and shoot the thing!

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 02:15:27 AM »

C217XXX.  I bought the mags when I bought the gun, which was around the middle of August.  My guess is that you won't have any issues if you're using factory mags, as these guns are just stupid reliable.  My personal experience says Manticore mags may give you an issue, but countless people on this forum have used them without a problem.  Only one way to find out - get out there and shoot the thing!

Cool. Thx so much. I'm gonna check it out and get to the range tomorrow hopefully.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 08:18:11 PM »
quick question ...

Is the bolt suppose to lock back every time when the mag hits empty?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:51:54 PM by 007_Bond »

anything