Author Topic: Life is good!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline John1125

• Leaving a carbon footprint one round at a time .
Life is good!
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:35:30 AM »

Pretty easy to shoot well with this one , red dot reflex sights are just the ticket for older eyes.

Transitional that I am working on ...........  :D
Life is too short to live with a sorry trigger............

You shoot 250,000 rounds figuring out your mistakes , you shoot the  next 250,000  trying to correct them........

CZ75B
PreB 75
Transitional 75 X 2

Offline Morbid1X

Re: Life is good!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:45:15 AM »
I have yet to try a RDS on a pistol. You really like?

Offline John1125

• Leaving a carbon footprint one round at a time .
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:17:20 AM »
I have yet to try a RDS on a pistol. You really like?

Its one of those things , you would just have to shoot one to find out . It makes things easy to see, I don't know if it improves my shooting a whole lot .

Forty years ago I could see the front sight and target clearly , now its neither , or at least one or the other. So a red dot takes care of that. I know that I'm not a fast shooter with a dot , I haven't had enough rounds to find the dot quickly after recoil.

Kirk
Life is too short to live with a sorry trigger............

You shoot 250,000 rounds figuring out your mistakes , you shoot the  next 250,000  trying to correct them........

CZ75B
PreB 75
Transitional 75 X 2

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 12:24:17 AM »
Like John,  I've shot a few pistols with red dots and it really helped old eyes zero in.  They all felt uncomfortably HIGH above the bore,  even one that was dovetailed in low(er) on a CZ SP01.  With a lot of practice speed would probably come back,  but it sure wasn't natural feeling.  I'm not sure I have THAT much practice time left. :D

Offline DubTap21

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
Nice

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Offline Iggy913

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
My Father put a red dot on one of his pistols earlier this year. He was having the same issue you guys describe, older eyes having trouble maintaining a focus on sights and target. We purchased an optic with the hope it would fix that issue for him, and it did just that. Now I have to really work to keep up with him, the Deltapoint optic is almost like cheating, place the top of the triangle on your target and give it a squeeze. I do see where it would be hard to quickly acquire the dot within the sight from the draw, I usually have to play with the angle I hold the gun to find the dot before I can start firing, with practice it will get faster I'm sure.