Author Topic: Mac torture tests the 10C - gauntlet pass  (Read 439 times)

Offline Glasspix

Mac torture tests the 10C - gauntlet pass
« on: September 10, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
The CZ 10C passes the gauntlet test, whatever it is worth, with flying colours. I am starting to be tempted by this little plastic marvel, pity I already have a gun in this category, albeit a hammer fired one (HK P30).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:39:08 AM by Glasspix »

Offline bunk22

Re: Mac torture tests the 10C - gauntlet pass
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:18:50 PM »
Add to your collection, I think this gun is well worth it.  It had become my absolute favorite handgun, beating out the G19.  Being a Glock fanboy, it was tough lol
CZ P10C
Glock's, Sig's, HK's, Walther's, etc, etc
DD, Sig, SOLGW, Colt, Del-Ton, etc, etc

Offline badwrench

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:36:34 PM »
Look at the bright side, any time spent with a DA/SA pistol will only help you with a striker fired pistol, as one thing DA/SA teaches is trigger control. So, yeah pick one up you won't be sorry.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
I gotta say, I'm really impressed by how it did, and how far it went in the "Gauntlet" before the mud clogged up the trigger (and that is some nasty mud).  And while, as he says, it's of course not a scientific test and only a sample of one, I have to admit that it's slightly reassuring, because I'm certainly not going through the time and trouble of conducting those same tests on my own P-10C (or any other weapon I own).  ;D

Offline Cyanide

Mac torture tests the 10C - gauntlet pass
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:18:00 PM »
Very impressive test, though I was still more impressed with the results of the P-07 (hopefully retested in future but utilize DA pull in case of a misfire). I really hope Tim will either re-test Glock or just run the new Gen 5 Glock through the new and improved gauntlet so as to shut all the fanboys up. I'm surprised one of them hasn't said something along the lines of, " Muh Glock still functions 100% even encased in concrete!"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:19:45 PM by Cyanide »

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:39:28 AM »
Looks like the P10C did fairly well until he packed it with mud at the end.  Even then, it got half way through that last mag.  It's nice to see that the CZs are in two of his top three results so far.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
The CZ 10C passes the gauntlet test, whatever it is worth, with flying colours. I am starting to be tempted by this little plastic marvel, pity I already have a gun in this category, albeit a hammer fired one (HK P30).

HUH??? "Passes with flying colors" ???  :o :o :o
It could NOT even complete the test. I think it performed well. It outperformed many others. It flew through the elements test without a hiccup. Went through the water, sand and dirt in the gauntlet but could not complete the mud portion. I understand that this is an extreme but to say "it passed with flying colors" is false. Heck even the M&P 2.0 at least completed it (with failures along the way).

I do think it did very well and am impressed.

Offline thedude

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:27 PM »
The P-10C did better than I thought it would and glad to see that.  He didn't mention the PPQ which also did very well in the testing.

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »
  He didn't mention the PPQ which also did very well in the testing.

Yeah that and the G17 did well but no mention. Both of the VP9s choked badly and he praised them. Must be a fanboy. Regardless I like his reliability test, very informative. Some of the others trying to copy him are just ridiculous.

Offline thedude

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 08:07:00 PM »
Both of the VP9s choked badly and he praised them. Must be a fanboy. Regardless I like his reliability test, very informative. Some of the others trying to copy him are just ridiculous.

I thought he was fairly critical of the VP9 and even stopped carrying it in favor of a CZ P-01.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:14:49 PM by thedude »

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 08:14:37 PM »
and even stopped carrying it in favor of a CZ of a P-01.
Yes he did at that...and I don't blame him.