Author Topic: First trip with my new SP-01 Tac. Amazing gun!!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline myczaccount

First trip with my new SP-01 Tac. Amazing gun!!
« on: September 10, 2017, 02:23:12 PM »
Got to hit the range Thursday night to shoot my first CZ. I was blown away and instantly fell in love. I'm already buying another CZ (the all steel/railed compact) in a couple weeks (as soon as my NJ mandated "1 gun a month" waiting limit is up).

CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline MadDuner

Re: First trip with my new SP-01 Tac. Amazing gun!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
Congrats on the new acquisition!

I too have the same things to say about my new one.
Now that I put a few rounds through it - I'm going to lighten the trigger some to bring it in line with the rest of the family, then call it good!

My only complaint about it is the fact that mu shooting buddies keep trying to hog all the trigger time on it because they cannot find one of their own. That too will pass... And I'll get to keep shooting it!

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
Congrats on the new acquisition!

I too have the same things to say about my new one.
Now that I put a few rounds through it - I'm going to lighten the trigger some to bring it in line with the rest of the family, then call it good!

My only complaint about it is the fact that mu shooting buddies keep trying to hog all the trigger time on it because they cannot find one of their own. That too will pass... And I'll get to keep shooting it!

Ya I definitely need to lighten the recoil and mainsprings. Casings were shooting out wayyy too hard lol
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:16:30 PM »
BIG congrats on your pistol, I love my SP-01 Tactical ! Super accurate and no issues EVER with FTF or FTE no matter what I ran through it.   :'( :'( I miss it now but its a Good Thing Bad Thing, its off to CGW so as AWESOME as it is its gonna be even better when I get it back ! Has not been that long so I'm not counting the days (yet) but will be hoping its sooner than later ! So I just have to tough it out with my Shadow 2 for now !  ;)

Offline Genin

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »
SP-01 Tactical is my favorite handgun I own. I love it!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Good choice on your CZ.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »
SP-01 Tactical is my favorite handgun I own. I love it!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Good choice on your CZ.

Agreed! 8)

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
Great call on your first CZ!  I talked a family member into buying that same gun for his first handgun, and everyone loves it. 

Offline t107

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 09:06:45 AM »
Congrats on your SP01 Tactical enjoy .  I am struggling with my emotions just won a GB auction on a SP01 tactical and had it sent straight to CGW for a Pro Package now the wait  begins .

Offline ttrashman1

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
Got to hit the range Thursday night to shoot my first CZ. I was blown away and instantly fell in love. I'm already buying another CZ (the all steel/railed compact) in a couple weeks (as soon as my NJ mandated "1 gun a month" waiting limit is up).

I agree 101%

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Springfield Range Officer 9mm
Sig 938

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »
Today was the firt trip to the range with the new 75 SP-01 Tac after doing all the polish work and spring changes.  Man, what a joy to shoot!!!

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »

Agreed! 8)
Me too! Congratulations! :)

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 02:44:00 AM »
Today was the firt trip to the range with the new 75 SP-01 Tac after doing all the polish work and spring changes.  Man, what a joy to shoot!!!

May I ask what work you did to it? I'd also like to make some basic spring/polishing upgrades.
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 03:02:02 AM »

May I ask what work you did to it? I'd also like to make some basic spring/polishing upgrades.

I took it apart and polished all of the fire control surfaces to a mirror finish, then installed a new sear specific hammer, along with new recoil and hammer springs - all from CZ Custom.  It was nice before.  Now it's buttery smooth.  Since it's a "carry" gun, they recommended I leave the actual trigger spring alone, and also made the recommendation on those springs.  I already have "target" and "race" guns.  This one is geared more for defense, so it needed to remain +P ammo capable.  The resulting trigger pull is now way more in line with most of my other handguns.  Not too light or nervous, but not HEAVY either.  Very nice.  It does however still have the "stock" travel and reset.  Those may be improved upon in the future. 

Right now I'm just getting used to it - and happy with it as could be.
All rounds fired at 20 yards were still all in the "10" zone.  9farthest distance available at this indoor range)
Shorter distances just made a single big hole and put a smile on my face.
I will take it to my desert range next weekend to allow farther distances and engagement of multiple targets. YAY!!!
I'm a happy camper!!

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
That's an awesome pistol, congrats and a great choice!!

That was one of those "YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH" decisions. 
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline K3JB

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 11:20:40 PM »
Congratulations, great choice for your first CZ. Their will be more to come in the near future.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

anything