Author Topic: 9mm 124 Gr. RMR FMJ Flat Nose Plunk Test Update  (Read 3750 times)

Offline nicky

Re: 9mm 124 Gr. RMR FMJ Flat Nose Plunk Test Update
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 07:34:36 PM »
 ;D. LMAO

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »
Roger, for accuracy testing, you should keep your shot count much  lower and consistent from one range trip to the next so that you're comparing apples to apples. 

If your group size is too low, you will end up getting SOME crazy small groups that make you and the group look great, and it's misleading.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, which is where you are, you can end up with an unacceptably large group that looks great because there's a large solid hole, surrounded by flyers.  The problem is that if you break that 50 round group in to 5 ten round groups, that giant hole just ends up being five large groups.  We're trained to like rounds touching, but 35-40 rounds touching with 10-15 flyers is just several bad groups in disguise.  ;)

Something like 5-round groups for rifle or 10-round groups for pistol end up painting a more realistic picture.  ;)

Yes Sir I fully understand what you're saying, I was just so impressed and having fun I couldn't stop shooting. I was only shooting at 15 yards. I shot the 1 inch circle/2 inch center out of a 6 inch shoot n see on the first 20 shots. After that I could see the bullets hit the dirt 25 yards behind the target through the 2 in. hole. For me to be able to shoot through a 2 in. hole and see the bullets hit the dirt backstop put a big smile on my face  :). At some point I just started shooting through the hole in the target for grins and giggles. There were no shots outside the 2 inch circle so no flyers just me shaking. Next time out I'll try to get serious as you say and shoot some serious groups.

Roger, I don't know if you read in the stickies for this sub-forum... But that sort of wild fun isn't allowed here. Only extensive information and data is acceptable by the mods and IDescribe.

Just messing (mostly with IDescribe). Sounds like excellent results from these bullets, thanks for sharing and taking our banter!

No offense taken on the contrary, I appreciate all the help and good humor I get on this form.
I'm strictly into shooting for FUN, reloading I take very serious  :)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »

To be clear, I was in no way knocking him for shooting it or sharing it.

Also, NO BANTER.  When you start allowing banter, you end up with nonsense threads like someone posting about their wrist surgery in the AMMO and HANDLOADING subforum.  ;)

I know... Just teasing back.

Hahaha I was imagining your face when you read that thread and was laughing at you likely cringing and possibly vomiting.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Online Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »

This, ladies and gentlemen, is not only the correct sequence, but also the correct attitude !!

Sir, I applaud your statement and convictions.

8)

In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Roger Vick

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »

This, ladies and gentlemen, is not only the correct sequence, but also the correct attitude !!

8)

Thank you Sir. I like to think everyone here thinks this way.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 06:48:42 AM »

Thank you Sir. I like to think everyone here thinks this way.

I started reloading to support my shooting.  Now I shoot to support my reloading.  ;)

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 08:04:07 AM »
I suffer through reloading because I bought this Dillon press to save me money on shooting....so now I have to reload enough thousand bullets for it to pay for itself.

Online Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 09:26:24 PM »
I suffer through reloading because I bought this Dillon press to save me money on shooting....so now I have to reload enough thousand bullets for it to pay for itself.

And that's the exact problem. As soon as you calculate your 550 has paid for itself 10 times over, you upgrade to a 650 and start all over. Eventually the world is populated by old men trying desperately to make their 1050 pay for itself 10 times over, which (as we all know) is mathematically impossible.

So here I sit with a stack of bills from my orthopedic surgeon to correct my tennis elbow condition caused by pulling on my blue sapphire-encrusted ultimate Dillon accessory roller handle too many times... while the Dillon boys use the profits from my purchase to entirely populate their factory with elves that look like this...

I note here that Mike Dillon died last year, but not from tennis elbow. Kinda makes you wonder.

;D

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »

And that's the exact problem. As soon as you calculate your 550 has paid for itself 10 times over, you upgrade to a 650 and start all over. Eventually the world is populated by old men trying desperately to make their 1050 pay for itself 10 times over, which (as we all know) is mathematically impossible.

So here I sit with a stack of bills from my orthopedic surgeon to correct my tennis elbow condition caused by pulling on my blue sapphire-encrusted ultimate Dillon accessory roller handle too many times... while the Dillon boys use the profits from my purchase to entirely populate their factory with elves that look like this...

I note here that Mike Dillon died last year, but not from tennis elbow. Kinda makes you wonder.

;D

Those elves!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
Hahahaha that is funny Wobbly!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline SoCal

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 02:12:56 PM »
 ;)
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Dan_69GTX

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »
Howdy,

I stated I'd share what I found out.  Well, I just found out since it has warmed up enough to try this.

For me, in my gun (CZ SP-01 Target II) this bullet didn't work as well as a few others.  So I'm going to pass on getting more.  I made ladders with HP-38, Titegroup, and Silhouette.  The groups were satisfactory (resting gun on a bench at 35') but not near as tight as I want them.  I'll probably test some more later with a different gun - a walther PPQ M2 5" barrel.  That gun really likes some of the other RMR bullets I have tried.

Next to test more with their new 124 JHP.  I found one load with HP-38 my CZ really likes.  Placed 9 out of 10 in a 1" circle.  It didn't like the titegroup powder.  Next to try with more powders - hopefully I find more good loads in the faster range for shooting knock down steel since I just bought 3k of them. 

Oh yea - I plunked at 1.112 ave.  Loading at 1.090 since that is what another bullet I use is loaded to.  Makes life easier.
Some trust in chassis, Some in Horsepower, But we trust in the Lord our God.

If it goes "boom" or "vroom" I'm intersted.

Online Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 01:43:54 PM »
I stated I'd share what I found out.  Well, I just found out since it has warmed up enough to try this.

For me, in my gun (CZ SP-01 Target II) this bullet didn't work as well as a few others.  So I'm going to pass on getting more.

I have recently purchased a SIG 226 and breaking it in with the RMR stubby 124gr JHP. It took a while to figure if it was the bullet or the pistol, but I think you're correct. The RMR is not as good a bullet as the Precision Delta 124gr JHP, which gets delivered at a substantially lower price.

;)

anything