Author Topic: RAMI BD Tru dot  (Read 3547 times)

Offline h8louzn

RAMI BD Tru dot
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:54:25 AM »
Finally got my hands on a bd version and it is a 17 gun but used. Tonight I noticed that the front site is dead. Are they that bad that they cant last a year?

Offline eastman

Re: RAMI BD Tru dot
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »
I have 5 CZ pistols with factory-installed Meprolight TruDot sights (2009-2015 production) and all are bright.

The little glass ampoule inside the sight (containing the Tritium gas) is fragile in any brand of tritium sights.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:05:29 AM »
Thanks i have it stored in a soft carry bag so no reason it should go bad. I had others on different pistols that lasted from 1995 they were dim but worked. I guess anything can happen.. time for big dots i guess..

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:28:53 AM »
Finally got my hands on a bd version and it is a 17 gun but used. Tonight I noticed that the front site is dead. Are they that bad that they cant last a year?

Yes, Meprolite sights are that bad, in fact, they suck.

Luckily, the front sight is a Novak cut dovetail on the Rami, so you can use a Trijicon or some other night sight of the correct height besides Meprolight.

As far as a rear sight, you could probably use a Trijicon CZ75 rear sight.

I've been toying with the idea of putting adjustable Kensight night sights on the rear, but it would require having the rear sight dove tail cut to a Novak dovetail.

http://stores.kensight.com/kensight-das-1911-defense-adjustable-rear-sight-tritium-insert-night-sights-serrated-blade/

ETA: Aside from the Kensight, looks like Novak has their own adjustable night sight now:

https://www.novaksights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1211280&CAT=9855
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:54:42 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline Sod Buster

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
I just sent the slide from my 1911 Operator back to SA because the front Trijicon sight is dead. My 2016 SP01 and P07 are Meprolight tritium I believe and they're still working fine. The SP01 sights are super bright compared to the P07. Good luck!

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 10:35:12 PM »
Thanks i have it stored in a soft carry bag so no reason it should go bad. I had others on different pistols that lasted from 1995 they were dim but worked. I guess anything can happen.. time for big dots i guess..

The Mepro tritium sight have a 12 year warranty. Contact CZ-USA and they should replace the front sight for you.

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 12:10:45 AM »
Thanks guys, I bought this used but it still is less than a year old so i will see what CZ says..

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 03:32:55 PM »
My 2017 Rami BD had the same problem it died after only about 60 days the good news was CZ had me send them the slide post paid. I got my slide back in about a week with a new front sight. I don't know what all the options are for Rami night sights but there must be better sights for this great little gun.

Offline elppaym

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 03:38:41 AM »

Yes, Meprolite sights are that bad, in fact, they suck balls.

Luckily, the front sight is a Novak cut dovetail on the Rami, so you can use a Trijicon or some other night sight of the correct height besides Meprolight.

I've been toying with the idea of putting adjustable Kensight night sights on the rear, but it would require having the rear sight dove tail cut to a Novak dovetail.

http://stores.kensight.com/kensight-das-1911-defense-adjustable-rear-sight-tritium-insert-night-sights-serrated-blade/

Some good info on upgrading the sites in this, just need to find someone that can make the dove tail cut to NOVAK dovetail. Is the one in the correct one to order for the rear? Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)
2) CZ 2075 RAMI B
3) in search of the next one

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »

Some good info on upgrading the sites in this, just need to find someone that can make the dove tail cut to NOVAK dovetail. Is the one in the correct one to order for the rear? Thanks for the info.

I would consult CZ Custom and / or CGW about getting a Novak / Kensight rear installed. I know CZ Custom has done this modification from time to time.

Offline elppaym

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 06:28:49 PM »

I would consult CZ Custom and / or CGW about getting a Novak / Kensight rear installed. I know CZ Custom has done this modification from time to time.

Sounds good - any one know the turnaround  time someone should typically look for, gun used for a lot of upcoming marketing for the company...

2) CZ 2075 RAMI B

Offline elppaym

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »

Roger that!

2) CZ 2075 RAMI B

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 11:48:51 PM »

Roger that!

So now I'm reading on the CZ Custom website that their custom "Low Mount" rear dovetail profile is the exact same thing as a Novak (or Heinie) dovetail -- don't know why they just don't call it a "Novak" which would make life infinitely easier in tracking down sights for these things.

They've been putting adjustable Novak rear sights on the Protek models for years, not sure why they're not continuing with that:

http://arnzenarms.com/product/cz-dan-wesson/self-defense/concealed-carry/concealed-carry-guns/concealed-carry-pistols/cz-p-01-pro-tek-ii-original-cz-custom-shop-discontinued-9mm-integrated-rail-novak-night-sights

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »
Thanks guys, I bought this used but it still is less than a year old so i will see what CZ says..

Sorry to bring up an old post. Just thought I would update on what CZ had to say. Called them and because I'm the second owner they will not work with me. So looking for other options now..

Offline eastman

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 10:17:31 PM »

Sorry to bring up an old post. Just thought I would update on what CZ had to say. Called them and because I'm the second owner they will not work with me. So looking for other options now..

Call the MAKO group (US importer for Mepro). The sights have a 12 year warranty.

anything