Author Topic: CZ 75 Compact  (Read 466 times)

Offline Fragman

CZ 75 Compact
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »
So, picked up a CZ75 compact.
I've ordered better sights, but what spares are good to have?
Based on the little bit of research I have done so far, I've ordered (from CGW) in addition to the better sights:

couple of trigger return springs
free floating trigger pin
firing pin retaining pin.

For now, I can't see what other spares are needed. I'll be making another order soon enough though (like the look of those thin aluminum grips). So if there are other spares that are a good idea, I can add them then.

Also ordered a 15# hammer spring and reduced power firing pin spring. I don't need a super light DA pull, but  although I have the decocking technique down, if I want to put the gun in DA mode, a little less spring tension on the hammer seems preferable. Stock hammer springs on most production firearms seem to err on the heavy side anyway.

Offline recoilguy

Re: CZ 75 Compact
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
I have quite a few CZ's and you are almost up to as many spare parts as I have all together.

Unless you count useless old grips as spare parts. I have thousands and thousands of rounds through most of the guns and over a thousand through all of them I
really haven't had a major need for any spare parts yet. Knock wood. Most of the spare parts I have are the original parts after I upgraded.

Get the rest of your spare parts when you need them, Buy some bullets and go have some fun......that's what I'd do anyway.

congrats on the new gun!!

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:26:08 PM »
Several folks here will recommend a spare slide release because they've had one, or more, break on their high use CZ's.

I have lots of spare parts.  It's one of those things where:
1. I've replaced factory parts with aftermarket parts so I'm got spare firing pins, safeties, barrel bushings, hammer springs, etc., etc., etc.
2. When I need to order a few parts I hate to pay $8 or $10 shipping for a couple $2 springs, so I add more stuff to the order.

And, as others here have said (sort of jokingly, but it sometimes comes true) one of the best ways to keep from losing or breaking a part is to have a spare ready to go.  More than one guy mentioned they lost a small spring an ordered two more, installed one, kept the second for a spare and never lot the installed on again even on several tear downs/rebuilds.  One of those "funny things" that seems to happen at time.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 08:49:31 AM »
CGW sells a nicely priced kit (SRS-1) that includes an extended firing pin, lighter hammer, short reset arm, FP springs and the improved FP roll pin for around $62 IIRC.  To that, add the free float trigger pin and a couple of spare lighter weight trigger return springs and you will have a good basic upgrade package.  Pick up a second kit down the road to use as a set of spares and you should be set for a long time.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/srs-1-short-reset-system/

Offline Fragman

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
Thanks for the responses! Spent a little while looking through the CGW site. Many cool upgrades, plus their pricing seems to be structured that if you buy the 'smaller' kits, you can add the items to upgrade it to a 'bigger' kit later with little penalty other than a second  shipping charge.

anything