Author Topic: Did my sear cage gain some weight?  (Read 321 times)

Offline MissionaryMike

Did my sear cage gain some weight?
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
Hey, gang.   I'm in the process of installing the Shadow S-2 Kit from CGW.   I'm having the darndest time getting to sear cage back enough so that it aligns properly in order for the left-side safety to be installed.   The only thing that I can think that might be inhibiting the proper alignment is the type III disconnector, which is a bit oversize. Am I right, or do y'all think it something else? FYI, I'm pretty good at breaking down CZs of various flavors, so I'm relatively sure (?) it's not my own physical incapability.
"We think the 'X' is a sweet pistol, but like most CZ's, there is going to be some fine tuning to Americanize it."  -Schmeky a.k.a. CGW a.k.a. David

CZ Shadow 2 (9mm)(Cajun Seasoning)
CZ P-09 FDE (9mm)(Cajunized) (FOR SALE)
CZ P-10 C FDE (9mm)(...)

Offline RandyMan

Re: Did my sear cage gain some weight?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
I just ran into the same thing on a SP01. The pin that blocks the hammer pin on the left side of the gun, was not completely seated. It wouldn't alone the sear to go back far enough. May want to check that.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:49 PM »
If the hammer spring is still installed i would pull it. I have run into similar issues a few times with the hammer spring installed. The safety detent and or spring can also jam things up pretty good if they are not positioned correctly. I am unclear on the possibility of the disco causing the issue, seams unlikely.

Double checking that the hammer hooks are below the sear may also be worth while, i managed to install the safety lever once with the sear below the hooks if i remember correctly. Getting the safety lever back out was not fun.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:28:06 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »
Seems like I mixed up some pieces.  Like I said, I was putting together the whole kit and inadvertently installed the disconnector pin instead of the hammer pin retaining pin.  The disconnector pin is ever so slightly longer than the retaining pin, which did, in fact, prevent the sear cage from properly seating in the frame.  Thanks, RandyMan.

Lesson?  Don't mix up your pins  :P
"We think the 'X' is a sweet pistol, but like most CZ's, there is going to be some fine tuning to Americanize it."  -Schmeky a.k.a. CGW a.k.a. David

CZ Shadow 2 (9mm)(Cajun Seasoning)
CZ P-09 FDE (9mm)(Cajunized) (FOR SALE)
CZ P-10 C FDE (9mm)(...)

anything