Author Topic: p-01 range issues  (Read 966 times)

Offline h8louzn

p-01 range issues
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
Hello,
I'm not new to the cz platform as I have a rami bd, pcr, cz 75b and a few clones.
The other shooters and I all had an issue with this gun shooting left.  So much so that the rear sight is sticking out the right side of the slide. Could it be a bad slide or bushing ? Any ideas will help.

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Re: p-01 range issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:58:32 AM »
Could you post a few photos of the slide and rear sight .  Also, is the sight loose? Is their a set screw thats loose or missing?

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »
I had the same problem with my Tristar C100 (CZ Compact Clone). The rear sight was hanging off right from trying to adjust it. I sent it back to Tristar and they replaced the barrel bushing with a much tighter bushing. It's dead on now.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:43:23 AM »
If the gun is under warranty I would give CZ-USA a call. They will take care of it for you. If the gun really is that far off I wouldn't even consider a home remedy. Something is certainly way out of spec.

Offline doc171

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »
If the gun is under warranty I would give CZ-USA a call. They will take care of it for you. If the gun really is that far off I wouldn't even consider a home remedy. Something is certainly way out of spec.
And I thought I was posting late! You are really an OWL! LOL....

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 11:47:07 AM »
And I thought I was posting late! You are really an OWL! LOL....

HAHA actually I get up around 4 am every morning. I've just never been much for sleeping in. I guess that makes me the early bird.

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
Thanks guys I bought the gun second hand and its has 16 stamped on the slide but being I'm not the original owner I'm not sure that they will do anything.. I will try and get some pics to post..

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 10:26:56 PM »

What do you guys think.. to me it's off to the right to far for my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 05:40:41 AM »
That's off considerably far. None of my CZ's are even remotely like that in fact they are pretty much on center and shoot perfectly. I would still call CZ-USA and explain the situation. You never know what they may say till you talk to them.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
That's a simple fix to correct the sight alingment.  Your local gunsmith could do that very easily.  It would also be quicker than mailing it off.

At the same time make sure the front sight is fitted properly.

Offline doc171

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »
From your photo, it appears that someone really may have screwed up the rear sight alignment based on it hanging right and not evenly spaced according to the machined area the length of the slide stop. Anyway, the PO1 has horrible stock sights. CGW has both F/O and trits for the PO1. I have F/O on my first PO1 and have trits to go one my second PO1. I install them myself (I have CZC trits on my PCR) and I use calipers to measure the centerline. By my measuring on my first PO1 the rear sight is only off center by 7 thousands. Yes, I am a lot OCD on measuring !

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 11:31:33 PM »
That's off considerably far. None of my CZ's are even remotely like that in fact they are pretty much on center and shoot perfectly. I would still call CZ-USA and explain the situation. You never know what they may say till you talk to them.

I will give them a call on Monday and see what they have to say. None of my other ones are this bad..

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 11:36:45 PM »
That's a simple fix to correct the sight alingment.  Your local gunsmith could do that very easily.  It would also be quicker than mailing it off.

At the same time make sure the front sight is fitted properly.

I do my own work and not sure how this would be an easy fix.. Could you please help with what to do? I'm guessing you are talking about drifting the rear sight back left?  If so that wont work as it would then shoot 3 in left.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:39:22 PM by h8louzn »

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 12:35:38 AM »
From your photo, it appears that someone really may have screwed up the rear sight alignment based on it hanging right and not evenly spaced according to the machined area the length of the slide stop. Anyway, the PO1 has horrible stock sights. CGW has both F/O and trits for the PO1. I have F/O on my first PO1 and have trits to go one my second PO1. I install them myself (I have CZC trits on my PCR) and I use calipers to measure the centerline. By my measuring on my first PO1 the rear sight is only off center by 7 thousands. Yes, I am a lot OCD on measuring !

Thanks Doc, I had to drift it that far to get it to shoot poa. Otherwise it was 3 in left..

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 12:48:57 AM »
I'd ship back to the mothership. That's just not right. (No pun intended)
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

anything