Author Topic: Just Czeching  (Read 1160 times)

Offline FakeCZName

Just Czeching
« on: September 13, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »
My P-07 is certainly lots of fun to shoot. But it isn't what some call a "range toy". Mine is intentionally designated and dedicated to be a self-defense weapon. I know many would keep a P-07 in factory parts and springs for a defense gun, but I shoot much more accurately with a Cajunized trigger pull. My other carry pistols have similarly lightened trigger pulls as well and I am well accustomed to the triggers on all them--so no surprises!

So, after much experimentation and Cajunization, I have settled upon the Cajunized configuration that is the perfect defense pistol for me personally. I keep it by my bed at night with flashlights next to it and also a light mounted on it (which I would never turn on unless I identified a threat first).

I carry it every day except in the hottest part of the summer when I carry a smaller pistol.

I need to know that it always goes bang when I pull the trigger and that I'm still in tune with it, so periodically I take it out into my back yard just to Czech it out. So today I loaded 5 rounds of Federal Aluminum fmj and all 5 went where they were supposed to. 4 on paper and 1 on my spinner target. Good to know. It doesn't take but a few minutes to Czech things to make sure everything good. We all should. Cleaned it and put my Federal HST's back into it. She's ready.

This week I heard a weird news story on the radio. Not too many miles from where I live with my wife and kids, a local sheriff got an anonymous tip about someone keeping large cats on a farm. He thought it was a prank, but drove out to the farm to look. He saw a barn with the door open and when he peered inside he found wire cages containing 7 Bengal Tigers, 6 African Lions, and a Leopard! No joke, Google 'tigers found in Poinsette County, AR"

The point is we all need to be ready whether we think we need to be or not.

Offline SKILCZ

Re: Just Czeching
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:43:07 PM »
My P-07 is certainly lots of fun to shoot. But it isn't what some call a "range toy". Mine is intentionally designated and dedicated to be a self-defense weapon. I know many would keep a P-07 in factory parts and springs for a defense gun, but I shoot much more accurately with a Cajunized trigger pull. My other carry pistols have similarly lightened trigger pulls as well and I am well accustomed to the triggers on all them--so no surprises!

So, after much experimentation and Cajunization, I have settled upon the Cajunized configuration that is the perfect defense pistol for me personally. I keep it by my bed at night with flashlights next to it and also a light mounted on it (which I would never turn on unless I identified a threat first).

I carry it every day except in the hottest part of the summer when I carry a smaller pistol.

I need to know that it always goes bang when I pull the trigger and that I'm still in tune with it, so periodically I take it out into my back yard just to Czech it out. So today I loaded 5 rounds of Federal Aluminum fmj and all 5 went where they were supposed to. 4 on paper and 1 on my spinner target. Good to know. It doesn't take but a few minutes to Czech things to make sure everything good. We all should. Cleaned it and put my Federal HST's back into it. She's ready.

This week I heard a weird news story on the radio. Not too many miles from where I live with my wife and kids, a local sheriff got an anonymous tip about someone keeping large cats on a farm. He thought it was a prank, but drove out to the farm to look. He saw a barn with the door open and when he peered inside he found wire cages containing 7 Bengal Tigers, 6 African Lions, and a Leopard! No joke, Google 'tigers found in Poinsette County, AR"

The point is we all need to be ready whether we think we need to be or not.

I know this is not what you were saying, but a P-07 wouldn't be my first choice for a tiger, lion, or leopard.   ;D 

But seriously, though, your point is well taken.  We should all shoot, train with, and clean our carry guns regularly. 

Offline jimjc

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »
Well if I saw a fully grown Bengal Tiger close to me and I had my P07 9mm, all I could hope for would be the loud bang would scare it enough to leave, of coarse I would emply all rounds in him, if I had the time but I'd not have much of a chance for survival.

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 10:20:02 PM »
I hear what ya'll are saying, but a P-07 with HST's might be just enough to save my life long enough for me to get to my .338 Winchester Magnum Semi-Auto with 250 grain bullets...then it is a different ball game. I wouldn't be afraid to go up against a lion or a tiger with it. I would be afraid, yeah, but I wouldn't feel undergunned.

I once slammed a deer with that .338 WM using the lightest bullet available: 185 grain BT. It was an education in effective violence.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 02:46:37 AM »
I am not a big cat hunter but I have heard the kitties are more fragile than other dangerous game, and a 9mm might do the job, given enough of them in the right place, but I would MUCH rather be farther away. Like a mile or three. 8)

Offline jimjc

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 09:51:41 AM »
The cold hard facts are: If you aren't hunting a Bengal Tiger and just walking along with your gun in your holster you'll probably never see the tiger until he's on you, these tigers are good at what they do.

I really expect to see a bad guy before I see Bengal Tiger at least that's what I hope, at least I'll have a chance with the bad guy.

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
The cold hard facts are: If you aren't hunting a Bengal Tiger and just walking along with your gun in your holster you'll probably never see the tiger until he's on you, these tigers are good at what they do.

I really expect to see a bad guy before I see Bengal Tiger at least that's what I hope, at least I'll have a chance with the bad guy.

Very true.  A big cat would be on your jugular and collapsing your airway in its mouth before you knew what happened. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:54:38 AM by SKILCZ »

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 01:27:13 PM »
One of those tigers was killed not far from where I live in Georgia. They were being transported to that guy and one got away during an overnight stop.

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 07:49:24 PM »
Yep, that is true. Another tiger was shot by police when it attacked a dog in someone's back yard. Multiple shots.

For some reason, my wooded back yard has always been a magnet for feral cats. Can't even remember how many; and that is a lot.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 11:59:57 PM »
Wearing a real gorget while hunting in cat territory might be a good idea.