Author Topic: One guy's quest...  (Read 1212 times)

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
One guy's quest...
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »

I'm curious to see how he rates the others...
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline jimjc

Re: One guy's quest...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »
Well I was with him until about 9+ minutes into the review. He says the P10 had 2 FTF's and those were when he trashed the gun with dirt and sand.

He then compares the stock P10 with a Salient Arms Glock 19 well the salient arms is a custom gun and is about 3+ times the price of the P10. He says the P10 trigger isn't better than the Walther PPQ, I had a PPQ which I think is a good gun, the trigger is very good but was not good for a defensive handgun, it was just to light for me. He's a glock fan boy that became evident to me. I give him a 5 out of 10 stars

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »
He's a glock fan boy that became evident to me. I give him a 5 out of 10 stars

LOL ... nice one.

He did another comparison vid between the P-07, the P320, the Canik TP9SF and a G19. I fully expected him to bag on the P-07 cause he is a striker guy but he spoke well of it. He did not like that P320 though ;-)

Offline jimjc

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:25:43 PM »
I don't think I'll be up for watching his other videos. Glock fan boys always get back to glocks no matter what they're reviewing.

The only guy that's a glock guy but does decent reviews on other guns and owns other guns than glocks is Hickok45.

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 07:31:04 AM »
 I  didn't have a problem with the video. Yes, I agree that he's a bit of a fanboy for Glock. At the same time, I think I could take his comments with a grain of salt.  After all, it's not like his opinion is gospel. Then again, it's not like what we share in these forums is gospel either.  It's clear in the video, though,  that he very much likes the P10C. His only issue was with the reliability, which might increase its rating over time.  In the end, I'm not sure why people do straight out of the box testing, though. Everyone should at least field strip a new pistol, give it a decent scrubbing, and apply grease and oil in the appropriate places, especially a gun that's to be carried.
Pretty much a CZ fanboy.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 08:12:29 AM »
In the end, I'm not sure why people do straight out of the box testing, though. Everyone should at least field strip a new pistol, give it a decent scrubbing, and apply grease and oil in the appropriate places, especially a gun that's to be carried.

He did say he had something like 2300 rounds through the gun before the video. I think by "out of the box" he was referring to the lack of any modifications.

All in all I thought it a fair assessment. It will be interesting to see how he rates the other guns...

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
I  didn't have a problem with the video. Yes, I agree that he's a bit of a fanboy for Glock. At the same time, I think I could take his comments with a grain of salt.  After all, it's not like his opinion is gospel. Then again, it's not like what we share in these forums is gospel either.  It's clear in the video, though,  that he very much likes the P10C. His only issue was with the reliability, which might increase its rating over time.  In the end, I'm not sure why people do straight out of the box testing, though. Everyone should at least field strip a new pistol, give it a decent scrubbing, and apply grease and oil in the appropriate places, especially a gun that's to be carried.

I watched a decent review video of a P-09 actually out of the box as in first shots, and the dude was doing so at an ipsic match (I believe that's what match it was)
Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »
He did say he had something like 2300 rounds through the gun before the video. I think by "out of the box" he was referring to the lack of any modifications.

All in all I thought it a fair assessment. It will be interesting to see how he rates the other guns...

I got ya.  I caught that comment as well, but he also mentioned the two FTF[eed] within those first 2300 rounds.  So, I had assumed his OOB "test" wasn't just referring to a modless test, but literally OOB.  *shrug*

I also see the review as, more or less, fair.  Anyway, it's just the opinion of one guy.

Pretty much a CZ fanboy.

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »

I watched a decent review video of a P-09 actually out of the box as in first shots, and the dude was doing so at an ipsic match (I believe that's what match it was)

Totally, and you might be referring to Patrick Kelly's(?) video on Youtube.  I'm pretty sure he did a review of the P-09.  Anyway, I'm not saying guns are inoperable OOB.  I'm just saying if you're going to be testing for reliability, break the pistol down, clean, lube, then shoot it.  Every gun comes differently from the manufacturers, either wet, dry, or whatever.
Pretty much a CZ fanboy.