Author Topic: Range time with a Witness Poly Compact 9mm  (Read 808 times)

Offline eagle-eye

Range time with a Witness Poly Compact 9mm
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
I took my Witness Poly compact out today to do some shooting. It's capable of being very accurate. Felt recoil was a little more noticeable then my Tristar C-100. I may look at getting a slip on grip for it.
The bad side was, I got some boxes of Ten Ring 115gr TMJ remanufactured 9mm ammo about a month ago. This is the first time I shot any. I had a few nose up misfeeds with both the Witness and a Ruger P95 I had with me. On my 3rd mag of this ammo in the Witness, a round jammed going into the chamber. I couldn't push it into battery, or pull the slide to eject it. I had to take it to a local shop. They used a plastic mallet on the back of the frame and it popped loose.
9mm is too cheap right now to mess with unreliable remanufactured ammo. I've got 3 more boxes of it. Anybody in SW Missouri wants it, come on over. If not, I may have to get rid of it by hiding it in the Halloween this year.
I've found that growing up in the sixties was a lot more fun than being in my sixties.

Offline win308

Re: Range time with a Witness Poly Compact 9mm
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
Exactly....9mm is so cheap right now I don't bother to reload it.... even on my Dillon.... so I surely don't buy someone elses reloads.  Stick with European 9mm...GECO, PPU, S&B, Fiochi or German.....all 124 grain.  All my Tanfoglio/Witness guns run perfect on those flavors.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Range time with a Witness Poly Compact 9mm
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »
Exactly....9mm is so cheap right now I don't bother to reload it.... even on my Dillon.... so I surely don't buy someone elses reloads.  Stick with European 9mm...GECO, PPU, S&B, Fiochi or German.....all 124 grain.  All my Tanfoglio/Witness guns run perfect on those flavors.

Very True!  With the cost of powder and bullets up, I can barely justify reloading 9mm on my Dillon XL650, yet I often do reload 9mm with a favorite Match Loading.

Also, most of my 9mm Pistols run very well with the Federal American Eagle or Federal Champion Brass or Aluminum cased 115 grain FMJ Ammunition.
Very Clean burning powder they use in that stuff.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

anything