Author Topic: How to order a trigger and seer polish job?  (Read 290 times)

Offline Keithandstef

How to order a trigger and seer polish job?
« on: September 15, 2017, 10:45:28 PM »
Hoping I can just send in the frame and guts to have Angus polish the internals to improve the single action on my CZ75. Has a 100 rounds through it but the cambering before trigger drop is pretty significant. How much does Angus charge for some basic trigger work and polishing?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: How to order a trigger and seer polish job?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 12:07:22 AM »
Hoping I can just send in the frame and guts to have Angus polish the internals to improve the single action on my CZ75. Has a 100 rounds through it but the cambering before trigger drop is pretty significant. How much does Angus charge for some basic trigger work and polishing?

Not sure on pricing, but the best solution to the clambering is a CZC Custom Hammer (CGW makes the Race hammer, but since this is in the CZ Custom thread the Custom Hammer is their option).
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 12:20:42 AM »
As Scarlett said.  Polishing won't fix the 75B hammer from camming back before the break.
The CZC Competition hammer or the CGW race hammer will reduce or eliminate the camming back as well making the pull smoother and the break crisper.  It will also be or at least feel lighter.

Polishing the action parts  will smooth  the trigger pull.  OOOPS: Deleted the wrong number of rds you've fired .  Your pistol isn't broken in yet.  Polishing now will make a huge difference in smoothness.
edited and added:
If you read some of the "action smoothing" threads and posts,  you can here about the results.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:52:46 AM by 1SOW »

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 07:46:04 AM »
Thanks all. I don't want to do the competition hammer because my gun is stainless, and I don't want to lose that look with the hammer. It's not bad really. I can live with it.

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 07:49:29 AM »
And I recall reading a guy's post about modifying the hammer hooks. Not something I would do personally, but figured Angus could. It improved the camming on his gun.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:58:25 AM by Keithandstef »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
Thanks all. I don't want to do the competition hammer because my gun is stainless, and I don't want to lose that look with the hammer. It's not bad really. I can live with it.

Well my friend, you're in luck!
https://cajungunworks.com/product/manual-safety-stainless-steel-hammer/

Some call us friendly, others call us enablers   O0
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline Keithandstef

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »

Well my friend, you're in luck!
https://cajungunworks.com/product/manual-safety-stainless-steel-hammer/

Some call us friendly, others call us enablers   O0

Oh snap. Thanks! I'll go over to the CGW section becaase I have a few questions and don't want to disrespect the CZ Custom section. Thanks again.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
You're welcome. BTW I haven't seen a stainless CZC Hammer, otherwise I would have shared that. I love both shops, and I do t want any disrespect to be taken by my sharing the CGW stainless hammer. If CZC has a stainless hammer, someone please share.
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

anything