Author Topic: Viking's Disease... No CZ or handloading content  (Read 921 times)

Offline copemech

Viking's Disease... No CZ or handloading content
« on: September 17, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »

Well, I never got to it prior to my hand surgery. Now things gave come to a halt!

Google "Vikings disease" or Dupuytrens contracture and you will understand. Anyway, the surgery is not pretty, yet necessary, as my ring finger was literally at 90 deg bend that don't straighten!

Somewhereunder those wraps they are straight now, but even I have not seen yet.

Thwe pain meds are working for now, but my two typing fingers just got cut in half!

The good news is I did run off some plinker loads for testing with the rmr bullets, but have not fired them even. :(

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:58:00 AM by Wobbly »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: remember that defense load i was gonna work up with the BE-86 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 12:42:54 AM »
Hope you feel better amigo!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:39:53 AM »
Hope the pain meds don't have other "effects".

When I broke my leg and had it screwed/plated back together the doctor told me the pain meds he'd prescribed could cause constipation.  I thought, "Great.  So now I have to hobble/hop/crutch my way to the bathroom only to struggle to get relief there, too?"  I decided not to go through that, too.  I just took Tylenol and tossed the pain meds in the trash.  One problem is bad enough without adding another to it.

Anyway, looks like you might be able to write reloading down as "physical therapy" for you hand/fingers???

Good luck.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »
Get well, bro, BUT...

Why is this in Ammo & Handloading?  C'mon, man.  Seriously.

Offline copemech

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »
Settle down, the pain pills and the one typing finger are hard at work here. :o

And so I will get into this short story of how my guy at the store raved when I came in looking for the BE-86, he says "man that stuff is BULLSEYE, AND IT IS AWESOME!"

Well, that is another good ref. on the powder, as he knows his stuff.

So my load data for reference is the Alliant website, which lists the 9mm  here:

9mm Luger 115 gr JHP Federal 1.12 4 Fed 100 BE-86 6.3 1,238 -
9mm Luger 124 gr JHP Federal 1.12 4 Fed 100 BE-86 5.9 1,175

obviously these are max recco loads and deduct 10% for starting loads. I like those numbers  for the SD application, and possibly accuracy loads as well.

So, I am wondering how this stuff runs down low, if it is dirty till you get it up to pressure, and also wonder how far it will push, not that I necessarily want to run it at plus P pressures, but I would like to get a good ida where I am in the window.

So just how much load development have others on here done with this powder? The Sport Pistol looks good for lighter loads as I understand, but I have no problem running a bit slower powder if it will work, and I will use 231 as a comparative as far as running dirty, at 132 PF it runs clean enough for me it seems.

Just looking for general experiences here.
I may as well try to get some ideas in my head while I am sidelined, so just a general discussion. I would show you my scar, but it is not pretty!

I GO A FRESH REFILL ON PAIN MEDS today, so I am good for now. O0

Thanks all,

MC

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:18:36 PM by Wobbly »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »
Yeah, we'll save the goru pics for Facebook. ;)
Never used BE-86 ever, looks like loads similar to AA#5 or #2. I do my SD practice loads with AA#7, but then again, I have a lot of it. Good stuff, relatively clean burning.
Might I suggest that really good pain drugs and handloading might be mutually exclusive...I know, you already knew that. Hope your recovery goes well and easily!

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 11:56:22 AM »
My brother-in-law had that in both hands. There were 2 procedures, surgery and breaking; he did one each. Neither worked. Both hands returned but not as badly. Hope your outcome is better.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

anything