Author Topic: Open Carry  (Read 6793 times)

Offline MadDuner

Re: Open Carry
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »
In Arizona - about 1 out of 28 people has a CCW permit. But.....
You do not need a permit to carry concealed in Arizona.
There's no telling how many CC, but it's obviously higher than the number of permit holders.

We can also open carry, but I don't see that many doing so in the city.
Outside fo the bigger cities - you see it all the time here.

And while we're at it, I figure about every other vehicle has a weapon in it.
Road Ragers beware!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 12:48:07 AM »
Yeah, that's about right. ;) Far more heavily and legally armed than Chicago, with less than half the murder rate. ;)

Offline RAEIndustries

• RAE Industries
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »
Even anywhere north of Orlando here in Florida OC is pretty well received
S. Rife

RAE Industries

www.raeind.com

Rock-it3

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 09:36:03 PM »
Even anywhere north of Orlando here in Florida OC is pretty well received

I thought OC was not legal in FLA?? Am I wrong?

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
While we do have open carry here in Georgia, I still prefer to carry concealed. The important thing to me is I am armed and not how I choose to carry although I fully support the open carry law.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 05:02:44 PM »
I would rather the bad guys/gals not know this easy target is not so easy.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 05:13:06 PM »
I'm just a helpless senior citizen....

with FANGS.

Offline TheMO

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »
In my daily life open carry isn't for me.  Always armed but noone, besides my wife who expects it, needs to know.  That said, I hold nothing against those who do carry openly but I don't want or need the extra attention. 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:17:27 PM by TheMO »

Offline rhart

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
Here in Oklahoma we now have open carry for concealed permit holders, but I rarely see anybody open carry in town. The disappointing thing to me is that when I do see open carriers they carry their guns in the cheapest low or no retention holsters imagineable. It would be a simple thing to lift their gun from the holster without them knowing.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
Here in Oklahoma we now have open carry for concealed permit holders, but I rarely see anybody open carry in town. The disappointing thing to me is that when I do see open carriers they carry their guns in the cheapest low or no retention holsters imagineable. It would be a simple thing to lift their gun from the holster without them knowing.

That would be concerning to me.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

The Guardian

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »
Open carry if you must.......concealed just eliminates so many "issues" with nay-sayers, law enforcement, general public ignorance/fear, making yourself a target possibly......no one really needs to know, can't think of one thing that open carry does, that concealed carry doesn't do much better......just saying  ;)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 10:20:26 PM »
Open carry if you must.......concealed just eliminates so many "issues" with nay-sayers, law enforcement, general public ignorance/fear, making yourself a target possibly......no one really needs to know, can't think of one thing that open carry does, that concealed carry doesn't do much better......just saying  ;)

More open carry by good folks might normalize views that guns are tools that can be put to good use.  So many people now a days are only exposed to Hollywood portrayal, blood sport video games or ganstas.  This ignorance from the general populace is perhaps the greatest threat to the 2nd ammendment in general

Despite the pen being known as mightier than the sword, imagine if there was a frothing at the mouth clammer to infringe on the first ammendment.  How ridiculous would it seem to license someone to express their opinion against the government?  How sad would it be if we all took pleasure in the right to think about grievances towards the government but were hesitant to actually speak lest someone be offended?

I get it.  I also don't have much time to waste on being hassled by LE nor do I want to scare the children at school, etc.  I'm just as guilty of not being as vigilent as I could be.  Though I prefer to conceal, I applaud those who carry openly and honestly believe OC is a deterrent, the bad guy preferring easier prey.  Obviously,  situational awareness and street smarts is key to being a deterrent vs. A snatch and grab target of some of the slobs that so many have seemed to notice.  Maybe those slobs have been weeded out already in Detroit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:30:09 PM by Tyerone »

Offline eastman

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
When I drove through Missouri last October, I stopped in a Hardee's for dinner. Two patrons were open carrying out of the 10-12 customers present during the time I was there. Nobody seemed to pay it any attention. One was carrying a Sig, not sure about the other one.
I don't look like my avatar!

The Guardian

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »
I think the responses in this thread are a great example of why even gun owners don't necessarily agree on how guns should be carried.....though we all believe having one is better than not.  It really does come down to environment, culture, community, or situational as to what is the best option of how to carry. A lot of good points made by all who have offered up an opinion thus far....much appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:15:39 PM by The Guardian »

Moken

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
If one carries concealed he should not conduct himself as he would without a weapon. If one open carries he should not conduct himself as he does with a concealed weapon..........................................just sayin'