Author Topic: Open Carry  (Read 6836 times)

Offline Mastodon

Re: Open Carry
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
I only open carry when I am out hiking a certain distance. Just works better for long hauls on foot.

Otherwise i greatly prefer CC and do so everyday.  It is nobody's business but my own.

8)
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »
If one carries concealed he should not conduct himself as he would without a weapon. If one open carries he should not conduct himself as he does with a concealed weapon..........................................just sayin'

... and don't curse unless women and children aren't around?  ???

You said it, just not sure what "it" is.  Should one act less polite or aware in your three scenarios?

Moken

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »
If one carries concealed he should not conduct himself as he would without a weapon. If one open carries he should not conduct himself as he does with a concealed weapon..........................................just sayin'

... and don't curse unless women and children aren't around?  ???

You said it, just not sure what "it" is.  Should one act less polite or aware in your three scenarios?
I don't think I'll touch that since you already are reading too much in to it.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »

I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I just honestly have no clue what you are saying I "should" do so differently in the 3 scenarios that you outlined.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 11:47:58 PM »
SSSh...it's a secret.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 07:22:21 AM »
Ah, yes.... and let us practice the first ammendment of free speech silently so as not to offend anyone, too.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 07:35:58 AM »
Since I pretty much ALWAYS carry - I don't know if I conduct myself differently in different scenarios.  I go about my business as usual.  I don't make many waves and I do my very best to stay out of situations that require a firearm be deployed for my protection.  I don't advertise, and really don't like to "print".  I don't start anything with anyone that would ever be construed as doing so simply because I DID have a firearm with me.  When I do open carry - it's in areas where I would expect most anybody I meet would be open carrying also.

But then again, I am only a little old senior citizen - WITH FANGS.

Moken

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 08:21:40 AM »
Good Lord, I'm not talking about manners. Awareness people awareness.

Offline Cbass

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
Here in Missouri. You can open carry conceal carry without a permit. I usually carry at least partially concealed. not to concerned if skmeone sees my gun if I reach up or bend down. I've never got a second glance open carrying though. Of course down here in the Ozarks may as well be a different country than kc St Louis and Columbia.

Moken

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »
Here in Missouri. You can open carry conceal carry without a permit. I usually carry at least partially concealed. not to concerned if skmeone sees my gun if I reach up or bend down. I've never got a second glance open carrying though. Of course down here in the Ozarks may as well be a different country than kc St Louis and Columbia.
I live in Springfield The only comment I've got when OC was thanking me for carrying.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
Good Lord, I'm not talking about manners. Awareness people awareness.

Then articulate it that way.
To put it simply you should be on a high level of situational awareness armed or not. That's the world we live in today.

Moken

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »
Good Lord man, we're in a gun forum not "Miss Manners". I would think you would assume we're talking about handling firearms.

Moken

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2018, 10:20:46 AM »
Conduct
verb
k?n?d?kt
organize and carry out.
"in the second trial he conducted his own defense"
synonyms:   manage, direct, run, administer, organize, coordinate, orchestrate, handle, control, oversee, supervise, regulate

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2018, 10:41:25 AM »
Good Lord man, we're in a gun forum not "Miss Manners". I would think you would assume we're talking about handling firearms.

Has nothing to do with miss manners. You post some home made nonsense that only you understand and then get upset when you are the only one who understands your euphemisms.
I think we all understand how to conduct ourselves carrying or not. We are all grown ups here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:43:49 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Moken

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »

Has nothing to do with miss manners. You post some home made nonsense that only you understand and then get upset when you are the only one who understands your euphemisms.
I think we all understand how to conduct ourselves carrying or not. We are all grown ups here.
See the very first post previous to your last post. English language, read all about it.

anything