Author Topic: Experience with NECG peep sight and front sight inserts on a 527 Lux?  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Canuck Bob

Looking for folks who have worked with the NECG peep sight and their front sight inserts.  The rear sight seems simple enough but best to check.  They indicate the front inserts might require some fitting?  This would be for a 527 Lux 223 lefty.

Offline Canuck Bob

Re: Experience with NECG peep sight and front sight inserts on a 527 Lux?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 04:41:47 PM »
This moved from theory to practice.  I've finalized a deal on a used 2007 lefty 223 Lux.  The pictures are fine and the rifle has never been bedded or modified.  He thinks 9" twist but that seems unlikely given its production date, opinions?

One more question, are the factory sights designed for windage adjustment on the rear and elevation by using different height front inserts?

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
Tagged for interest, but IIRC the 1:9 barrels didn't come in until around 2012.

Offline painter

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 07:29:37 AM »
This moved from theory to practice.  I've finalized a deal on a used 2007 lefty 223 Lux.  The pictures are fine and the rifle has never been bedded or modified.  He thinks 9" twist but that seems unlikely given its production date, opinions?

One more question, are the factory sights designed for windage adjustment on the rear and elevation by using different height front inserts?
That rifle will more likely have a 1:12 twist.

The sights are regulated as you described.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Canuck Bob

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »
I'll have the rifle soon and will check but it would be more than a surprise if it is 9".  I've contacted NECG and their Canadian agent regarding the peep sight and Patridge front insert.

I also stumbled on a pdf of the Lux manual which outlined the sight alignment.  I've asked if CZ USA ships to Canada but doubt it.  Who is the Canadian distributor or warranty agent?

Offline Canuck Bob

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »
Canadian CZ distributor is:    http://www.grechoutdoors.ca

NECG Canadian contact is:

Precision Arms & Gunsmithing
2974 King Road Unit 3
King City, Ontario L7B 1L
905-833-7151
trigger@precisionarms.ca

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
Are there laws that prohibit the shipment of small firearm parts, like sights, between the US and Canada without permits?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Canuck Bob

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 01:44:40 AM »
Yes, American laws changed to restrict mail order to foreign countries.  There was a $100 limit and very strict rules, no barrels, scopes, reloading components, and firearms etc..  The limit was increased to $500 for Canada recently but there is a tedious and expensive licensing process states side I understand. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:48:58 AM by Canuck Bob »

Offline Canuck Bob

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »
CZ 527 Lux lefty 223 arrived today.  Broke some rules. No two rifle models the same, no duplicate chambering except rimfire, etc..

Real nice rifle in great condition.  2007 build and complete and as flawless as I need.  Full steam ahead on the NECG sight I think.

anything