Author Topic: CGW SP-01 vs CZ Tactical Sport  (Read 1504 times)

Offline timewaster1700

CGW SP-01 vs CZ Tactical Sport
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »
Hello,
I recently shot an SP-01 converted to SAO with Cajun Gun Works parts and it was amazing. Had the Race Hammer Kit, extended firing pin, 13# hammer spring, aluminum SAO trigger, reduced power trigger spring. The trigger was outstanding although the reset a bit long. But I hear removing the FPB will solve that.

I want to get a gun for USPSA limited and am trying to decide between getting an SP-01 and converting it to SAO Cajun style with the above parts, or whether to get the CZ Tactical Sport. I suppose a third option would be get the TS and put an aluminum CGW trigger in it but leave the rest stock including the hammer.

Have any of you held both? How do they compare?

Advantage of the SP-01 is I will save money and still have an outstanding gun. Also mags are cheaper for the SP-01 than the TS.
Advantage of the Tactical Sport I see being the longer barrel (larger sight radius and more heft for follow up shots) and larger grip. Although the SP-01 grip is very comfortable, I do have long fingers and I don't think it could hurt to have a bit larger grip.

Thanks for the help.

Offline bigdave24

Re: CGW SP-01 vs CZ Tactical Sport
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
For uspsa limited you'll probably want a .40, and the TS mags will hold a lot more bullets.

Offline timewaster1700

Re: CGW SP-01 vs CZ Tactical Sport
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »
I have no desire to shoot .40
I'd rather just shoot to not miss. I've been going for accuracy and letting speed slowly increase so whatever I get will be 9mm.

If I went SP01 I would get 3 Taran Tactical mag base plates which would extend the mag capacity out. Although expensive up front the aluminum baseplate should make the magazine life increase as opposed to dropping the $65 TS mags. Just my thinking.

I'm really more wanting an opinion on shooting experience between the two.

Thanks