Author Topic: P-07/09 FRONT sight pusher?  (Read 422 times)

Offline Raining_Brass

P-07/09 FRONT sight pusher?
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
Does anyone make such a monster? Much, much rather pay for one before going to the drawing board and having to make one ourselves. CZ doesn't seem to fit them - at all - from the factory. Removing them without marring them seems all but impossible as they're in way too tight for nylon. They just destroy nylon punches. And I'm tried of spending money replacing front sights. Lmao.

Offline DOC 1500

Re: P-07/09 FRONT sight pusher?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:46:04 AM »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »
Saw this in a thread search maybe this will help.
Watch the video also on this site.
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/sight-movers/p500-universal-sight-tool-prod17840.aspx
I may have missed it as I did just scim through the video, but I didn't see that it can push a sight forward, only side to side.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:01:38 PM »
Not sure what it does just saw this in a thread and passed it along.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
Not sure what it does just saw this in a thread and passed it along.
\
From what I can see, it can only push sights with normal left to right (or right to left) dovetails, not front to back.

I'm thinking we're going to just have to make something ourselves. :/

Offline koteris

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
I would probably buy one if you made it.  I have removed 4 front sights from P09/07 pistols.  One came right out, another I got out but ruined it, one I got out and it was ok, and the fourth I took to a gunsmith and he got it out for $20, but it was wrecked as well.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 12:52:42 PM »
Try heating up the slide itself, then try to punch it out. Or soak it overnight in oil.
Better yet contact CZ and or cgw ask what they do.
You may also post the question in the Gunsmithing section of the Forum.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
Already talked to Scott at CGW. Apparently CZ puts some sort of loctite or something on them since they had issues at one point with them coming out/loose. So there's basically no way to get them out without marring them unless you get lucky and it happens to not put up a fight. Heat probably won't be a good idea. The amount of heat it would take to make their locking compound get gummy would likely just destroy the inserts in the sights. Time to figure out some kind of remedy though. I'd like to know how much money we've spent on replacing front sights that were ruined getting them out of customer slides.

We've had dozens and dozens of 07/09's through our shop. Maybe 1 in every 4-5 front sights come out with no problems.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:16:18 PM by Raining_Brass »

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 07:03:44 PM »
Concerning the po7, when I first got mine the trigger sucked, then I got into the internals did stoning and polishing , put in a few CGW Springs. Got frustrated with some of the outcomes of the trigger pull weights, so I called cgw asked a lot of questions, Dave at CGW told me don't be frustrated, When he mods 10 of those pistols seven of them will come out fabulous two of them will be pretty good and one will still be crappy no matter what they do. But mine now is a fabulous shooting pistol. almost the same thing with my
 PO 9 but that was a little better out of the box.
And turned out even better.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:31:45 PM by DOC 1500 »

Offline Winkel

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 11:22:35 PM »
I have never tried this but if there is some Loctite under the sight, try holding a soldering iron on the sight for a minute to heat it up.  That should loosen up the Loctite.

Offline nova3930

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »
Maybe some heat blocking putty on the tip of the sight coupled with a pencil torch?

Nate Whitfield
NAAH Tool Works
Naahtoolworks@gmail.com
Naahtoolworks.com

Nate
NAAH Tool Works
naahtoolworks@gmail.com
naahtoolworks.com

Offline Rick53

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Does anyone make such a monster? Much, much rather pay for one before going to the drawing board and having to make one ourselves. CZ doesn't seem to fit them - at all - from the factory. Removing them without marring them seems all but impossible as they're in way too tight for nylon. They just destroy nylon punches. And I'm tried of spending money replacing front sights. Lmao.
Dumb question here: Did you take off the insert and remove the almost invisible set screw underneath?

Offline earlan357

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »

I used a 1" square delrin bar.  Round also works. https://www.amazon.com/Acetal-Round-Opaque-Diameter-Length/dp/B00FKMZEP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507641044&sr=8-2&keywords=delrin+rod

The front sight just slid in in the video below, but the delrin worked great on my other P10 slide.
https://youtu.be/OQIKqjB2U7A?t=181
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:11:46 AM by earlan357 »

Offline zdr

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »
The P07 sights are 'glued' in from the factory so a bit of heat applied to the slide will help. I was able to punch mine out with a nylon tipped punch from CGW but it was tough. The punch came with the FO sights I ordered from CGW.

z

Offline Rick53

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
CGW punch with sights comes from Dawson . You can buy the punches from them : It's locktite Just tap it out : Don't smack it hard : Tapping works far better with a Light weight hammer : Most people Myself included try smacking the crap out of it. Short light fast taps works perfectly

anything