Author Topic: Extended rail system?  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Juno

Extended rail system?
« on: September 30, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »
Hi new to the forum not to the Bren!!!
 I have an 805 pistol and I'm waiting on my suppressor to get out of stamp jail.

I'm wondering a few things one, I'm looking for an extended forward rail that goes past the gas block. Any news on someone developing this?

Also looking for a side folding mechanism for the KAK arm brace.
I'll post a basic picture of my set up.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Extended rail system?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:38:48 PM »
Side folder might be available from Manticore or CZ Custom, not 100% sure on that. I think Manticore is almost ready with a new forearms setup of some kind for the BREN, waiting for the publicity release. :) Other than that, not sure.

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
This is one thing that's keeping me away from the Bren. I want an extended hand guard like what was made for the SCAR.

A SBR Bren suppressed is calling to me but want parts first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:12:50 AM »
We have been kicking around a way to cover the gas block, but there are not really enough guns on the market to justify tooling up for a new extrusion just to extend the forend.  Probably the same reason no other company has offered it either.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 03:31:02 AM »
^^^
BOOOOO!

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 08:21:32 AM »
^^^
BOOOOO!

Buy the pistol and SBR it... :)

I see Svens point. Probably not too many in the wild plus the 806 may or may not be on the horizon.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »
I wouldn't expect an 806 for over a year at least.

Offline Juno

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
Well I was looking at some of the magpul handgards for the AK and even the one for the ACR might be able to adapt to work for a bit more hand space. I was looking at the Bren's side plates and bottom rails I don't see why it could not be attached in the rear and at the front using longer screws .

I'm also debating pining my suppressor to the pistol making the length over 16inch so I can then add the mag pul stock.
I have worked in the firearms industry for awhile with supressors and when I use them I always go direct thread and almost never remove them .
What do you guys think of that is the Bren a good canadate for a can set up like that.

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 03:01:10 AM »
I wouldn't ever pin a suppressor on a firearm.

I move my cans around too much for that and what do you do when the can or barrel needs servicing?

That a cheap way to solve a problem and IMO the wrong way to go about it.

If you want to keep it short just buy the pistol and put a brace on it.

Offline Juno

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 10:40:51 PM »
i already have the pistol,  griffin armerment makes the spartan 3 suppressor that's designed to be pind if you want to make a 10.5 inch ar-15 16 inch and only file one stamp.

I've run tens of thousands of rounds through supressors and it's no exaggeration. I worked in R&D for a major manufacture. A well built suppressor for a center fired rifle or hand gun needs little to no maintenance. I would punch the barrels out every 1500-3000 rds with the suppressor still on the gun.
I'm not worried at all about having an issue with the supressor .

One of the big reasons I don't move supressors from one gun to another is POI changes. I've seen 4-5 inch changes at 100 meters with SMK OTM

How is the tone and sound with the piston on the Bren? Is it similar to suppressing an AK or scar?

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
I spoke with Jarod at Parker Mountain Machine about extended handguards for the Bren. He makes them for the Scar platform already.

He said that he might look at making them in the future but he wants to finish up the safeties and levers first.

So y'all need to email him and bug him about it. Lol

Offline Juno

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 11:41:57 PM »
I spoke with Jarod at Parker Mountain Machine about extended handguards for the Bren. He makes them for the Scar platform already.

He said that he might look at making them in the future but he wants to finish up the safeties and levers first.

So y'all need to email him and bug him about it. Lol

Well that's good news I'll have to reach out to him.  Seems like someone has to be thinking of capitalizing on the opening in the market

Offline TURRICAN

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »
I dont know why Manticore or KNS doesnt come up with an ACR stock adapter for the Bren. Every single unit from Sandline and Lucky Irishman sell out as fast as they are made. I am on the list to by a second one from Lucky Irishman as soon as he does his next run. He requires 20 commitments before he does a run. Last time he made 30 and the extra 10 were gone same week he posted them on his sight. It seems like the adapter is the one item EVERYONE with a Bren wants and its the only item that has a proven history of being a good seller.
The extended rail seems like the second most asked for item for the Bren but nobody wants to make those either.