Author Topic: CZ p10 problem. Please help!!  (Read 1901 times)

Offline sf.nm

CZ p10 problem. Please help!!
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:19:17 PM »
I just bought my p10 haven't even had it more than two months and today I noticed a problem w the trigger. Randomly while dry firing the trigger felt as if it was all the way to the rear but did not go off. I had to add more force then finally heard the click. It literally felt like I was going to squeeze the trigger into the grip because how far back it was, and the extra force.

I messed w my p10 trying to duplicate/figure out the problem. I was able to duplicate it by simply putting downward pressure on the slide cover/back plate while pulling the trigger. My back plate does move slightly if I push up or down. PLEASE TELL me this is normal and some weird thing the p10 does. I've really started to like this pistol so I want to know, if there is a problem, what is the problem, and of course how to fix the problem. I do have the HBi p10 trigger but all stock springs.

Thank you everybody for taking time to read and reply.

Offline shookscustoms

• Czech yourself before you wreck yo'self!
    • Shop Shook's Customs - Holsters
Re: CZ p10 problem. Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:20:05 PM »
Let me guess, is it an FDE model?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline sf.nm

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »
No it is all black model.

Offline shookscustoms

• Czech yourself before you wreck yo'self!
    • Shop Shook's Customs - Holsters
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »
No it is all black model.
Hmm. I've heard of issues with the FDE frame and the HBI trigger. I would reach out to them, as they have been pretty helpful from what I've seen

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline earlan357

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
I just bought my p10 haven't even had it more than two months and today I noticed a problem w the trigger. Randomly while dry firing the trigger felt as if it was all the way to the rear but did not go off. I had to add more force then finally heard the click. It literally felt like I was going to squeeze the trigger into the grip because how far back it was, and the extra force.

I messed w my p10 trying to duplicate/figure out the problem. I was able to duplicate it by simply putting downward pressure on the slide cover/back plate while pulling the trigger. My back plate does move slightly if I push up or down. PLEASE TELL me this is normal and some weird thing the p10 does. I've really started to like this pistol so I want to know, if there is a problem, what is the problem, and of course how to fix the problem. I do have the HBi p10 trigger but all stock springs.

Thank you everybody for taking time to read and reply.

Mine started doing it around the 4k rounds mark.  The striker channel gets squeezed allowing the striker to get low enough that the trigger bar doesn't release. I posted a few videos.  There isn't a perfect solution in my opinion but I was able to mitigate it at least for the time being.  I shaved down the trigger bar on a mill.  A redesigned striker housing or slide cover plate might be in order.

Offline sf.nm

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 06:55:03 PM »
Thanks man, it sucks but confirms my suspicion on what I thought it appeared to be after going over my p10 for a hour. I really don't understand why CZ did somethings the way they did, for example the striker/firing pin assembly being plastic when they should of copied the p320 and made it metal. I was thinking/hoping maybe the metal slide cover from CZ custom could help (I know wishful thinking) so I'm gonna give that a try. If anybody would like me to post if it helped or not let me know. It really sucks I really liked the p10 and still like it but this makes me look at the p10 differently, I mean don't get me wrong all firearms have some kind of weird issues some bigger than others.

Thanks to everybody taking the time to read my post and reply. It is appreciated and one of the things I believe makes the gun community such a great community to be apart of and one of the things anti-gun people do not understand.

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 08:39:06 PM »
Have you had an issue when shooting or only when dry firing?  I've yet to have an issue actually shooting the pistol.  Mine is all black but out getting the frame cerakoted so I only have a few hundred rounds through it with the HBI trigger.  David