Author Topic: Is the P-10 living up to the hype?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline codfish04

Is the P-10 living up to the hype?
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:40:41 PM »
Thinking of purchasing the P-10. I read some negatives with mostly small issues, but for the most part it seems to have a pretty good response. I have the P-01 and am thinking of adding the P-10. Should I wait til these small issues are ironed out, or just pull the trigger? (no pun intended). 

Offline Thebillsman

Re: Is the P-10 living up to the hype?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »
I also have a P-01 and jumped on the P-10 as soon as it was available locally. I really like it. I've had no issues and 1100 flawless rounds. The simplicity, design and performance are great.. but the value is the real high point. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Offline nw96

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:02:33 PM »
It took me awhile to warm up to mine, but now it is my favorite EDC.

My complaints at first were that the grip texture was to rough and the magazine release was hard to push on a full magazine. I fixed those issues by adding Talon grips and then I polished the mag release (followed by a lot of loading and unloading to break it in).

Its always had a great trigger. Love the reset. I can not miss with this pistol if I tried.

Offline StuckonGlocks21

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
I love mine. Shoot it every weekend. Any small issues that I encountered I fixed or they went away. I love the RMR on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jimjc

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 06:14:09 PM »
Well as the others I have a P01 and a P10c and a p07. They are great guns in fact I don't know which I like better. Every time I put one in my hand I like it.

Anyway, yes the texture is a bit aggressive, but I handled that in about 3 minutes, I took some medium sandpaper and folded it down 4 times so it was stiff and sanded a bit then felt it until I got it where I wanted it bingo fast and perfect.

Yes the mag release was stiff but after using it it has eased up, no big deal. I worked it some while sitting around.

The gun is super in most every way, it feels tight and of good quality, the trigger is really good, about 5 to 5 1/2lbs. now short reset and audible, very quick follow up shots.

Sights are good, It's more accurate than me, plus for me my P07 mags also fit it. It is a superior gun to the Glocks I used to have. The only negative I see is if you are a person that needs a lot of mags, these are a bit pricy now, maybe they will get cheaper as time goes by.

I thought I might wait to purchase it, to save a little money but realized it will take a long time for it to get cheaper the way they are selling, so I jumped in and I'm glad I did it.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »
I picked up one of the first P10Cs available back in mid-May.  I had some gun money in the hobby account and really did not expect to like it much based on my experience with a pair of Glock 19s that I tried to bond with to no avail.  But, I found that it was not only easy to shoot, but I was more accurate with it than just about anything else when point shooting.  It's become my favorite EDC guns now and even though I've gotten back into my P07s lately, the P10C still gets 3 times the holster time when compared to the P07s.  That might change as we approach winter when I carry .40 more, but then again, CZ might actually produce the P10C in .40 which would make it the top EDC year round.

I didn't expect to, but I've really come to love that gun.

Offline JPCPTx

Is the P-10 living up to the hype?
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 07:16:15 PM »
I?m still getting use to it.   I really like it.   Paid 460$ for it new at a gun show. 

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »
Just like all guns the P-10 has some quirks.  Out of the box the slide stop/release is stiff, mag release is hard to push when dropping a loaded mag.  A little polish and these thing go away.  On the + side the P-10 shoots flat, has great accuracy, the slide will auto-forward if the mag is seated firmly and has a good trigger that gets even better with use.

Offline Saltydecimator

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
Auto forward?! You sure that?s not a malfunction??? Only gun I?ve had that does that (no p10 in my house) was a walther p22 with worn slide stop...

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »
Auto forward?! You sure that?s not a malfunction??? Only gun I?ve had that does that (no p10 in my house) was a walther p22 with worn slide stop...

If I slam the mag my slide will go into battery. I actually like it.

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 10:36:27 AM »
Love mine, even the left hand slide release works lol.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »

If I slam the mag my slide will go into battery. I actually like it.
I'm a fan of that feature as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:13:52 PM »
Finally took my new P10c out to the range and put it through its paces.  I?m not  a huge fan of compact pistols but I must say the P10c definitely lives up to the hype.  I put about 500 rounds through it with no malfunctions.  It was accurate, flat-shooting and super ergonomic.  And the more I shot it, the more the slide release and mag release began to break in.  I?ve been a Glock shooter for a long time but I?m definitely sold on this CZ.  It?s a fantastic pistol.  I can?t wait for the full size version to come out now!

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 10:21:56 PM »

Every CZ I have Auto-Forwards.  The ones that didn't when new were fixed with a little polishing of the slide and slide stop.  The P-10 was touted as having this feature in MAC video from the CZ test range.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:32:21 PM by Bossgobbler »

Offline 10-96

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 02:58:50 AM »
My P10C has certainly lived up to the hype.  I don't know why or how I got so enamored with the idear of a poly striker fired handgun.  For duty I carry a Sig 229R DAK and a Beretta 92D Centurian (DAO) before that.  For off duty, I started out with a S&W Model 19, then a 1911 Commander, then my beloved D PCR.  Man, I had no idea what I was missing by not carrying a poly framed pea shooter!

Years ago, a friend of mine bought a CZ100.  I got to shoot it some, and well...  See, I've known this feller since 1973 and I had to flat out tell him that our friendship would likely end if he ever tried to give me that thing. (Sorry Cyanide) 

I shot a Glock sometime back in the late 90's and didn't care for that experience a whole lot.  I think my biggest turn off for the Austrian Wonder Gun isn't so much the firearm as it is the over opinionated owners.  Not all, just the frothing at the mouth, chest beating, foot stamping, tantrum throwing crowd.   

I don't think I'll have a need for the full grown P10 when it comes out, but I certainly don't think I'll pass up any bargains on one if I was to run across such a bargain.  So in my opinion- yeah, the P10C is living up to it's hype.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.