Author Topic: Lower - Wiggle and Tough Fit  (Read 639 times)

Offline 007_Bond

Lower - Wiggle and Tough Fit
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »
Hey guys. After shooting my Scorpion for the first time i cleaned it and when I was putting the lower back in it felt different. It was decently hard to put back in and seems to need more pressure when putting it in. It also has a decent amount of wiggle in it. It’s not a really loose wiggle, there’s tension there but it wiggles and creaks.  I can feel this wiggle when using my support hand placed on the mag well, as well as whenever I try to wiggle it a little bit. I can also hear the plastic “creaking” from rubbing on the upper / etc.

Anyways - it didn’t used to be this way before firing it, and I just checked a new one from the store and it’s lower just slides right in. I feel like I have to add more pressure rear-wards to get mine into the right position to push the pin in. Lemme try and clarify, the lower seems to try and push down after I push it up into place.

Is this normal for any else? Any help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:38:38 PM by 007_Bond »

Offline rcbif

Re: Lower - Wiggle and Tough Fit
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:25:59 PM »
Likely to do with the sliding grip.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:17:38 PM »

?

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:28:16 PM »

?

I think he is suggesting the grip screw is loose, letting it wiggle?

I would take it back apart and check everything over to if something is damaged. I would put an eyeball on any pins and screws to see if something is stripped, bent, or worn.

Offline SBh2oMan

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 03:28:56 AM »
Do you have the bolt pushed all the way back out of the way before you're inserting the lower?

Offline jmstallard

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 05:35:18 AM »
Do you have the bolt pushed all the way back out of the way before you're inserting the lower?

Yes, definitely check this. If you didn't put it back in correctly, it can sit too low and impact the lower receiver as you try to assemble it. That happened to me once.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 08:27:10 AM »

This! Also, make sure the hammer is cocked when reassembling.

My lower has some minor movement when it is assembled so I would think this is normal. It's a mass produced duty weapon so I wouldn't expect it to be real tight.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 11:15:29 AM »
If you loosen the grip screw, the pistol grip can be slid fore/aft, presumably to tailor the grip to trigger length.

If it's slid all the way forward, it can make the lower more difficult to remove/re-install. Slide it further back and the lower is easier to remove, but might be held less tightly.

I don't know if that's your problem, but it is something to look at.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 10:24:34 PM »
I checked the grip, and it’s all good and not the culprit. It actually does this issue with the grip off or completely forward.

This is the case for either position the bolt is in.

Bolt is locked all the way back when I insert the lower.

Offline jmstallard

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 06:20:32 AM »
Inserting the lower takes two actions: placing the rear of the lower into position, and then rotating the front of the lower into position. In which of these actions are you having difficulty? Can you make a video?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
Inserting the lower takes two actions: placing the rear of the lower into position, and then rotating the front of the lower into position. In which of these actions are you having difficulty? Can you make a video?

I do it exactly as you say.
I don’t know how to post a video but I have one made if I can send it to someone via email or something to help.

I can get the lower in no problem. It’s after it’s inserted / assembled into the rest of the firearm I feel like I have a problem.

Now it’s a SLIGHT movement that still have good tightness/tension. But the front of the lower is sitting about an 1/8” lower than the back/rear of the lower. Almost as if it’s too big/long.

For everyone else... are you able to push up on the front of your lower and get it to move up a little (or at all) and then it kinda pushes itself back down again? This is with the pin inserted to lock in the lower.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:01:52 AM by 007_Bond »

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
For everyone else... are you able to push up on the front of your lower and get it to move up a little (or at all) and then it kinda pushes itself back down again? This is with the pin inserted to lock in the lower.
No. My lower moves imperceptibly, if at all.

Is this the original lower or the CZ-USA replacement for the welded trigger packs?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »
No. My lower moves imperceptibly, if at all.

Is this the original lower or the CZ-USA replacement for the welded trigger packs?

Thx
Original

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 07:06:59 PM »
Did you get it sorted out man?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »
Thx for checking it
No not yet

I’ll try and send pix and vids to CZ for my next step