Author Topic: Lower - Wiggle and Tough Fit  (Read 638 times)

Offline jmstallard

Re: Lower - Wiggle and Tough Fit
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 07:11:10 AM »
When you removed the lower, did you completely remove the disassembly pin, or leave it captured in the lower? If you completely removed it, perhaps when you reinserted it, you didn't capture the slide release inside it, and that's the pushing you're seeing..?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 10:49:54 AM »
When you removed the lower, did you completely remove the disassembly pin, or leave it captured in the lower? If you completely removed it, perhaps when you reinserted it, you didn't capture the slide release inside it, and that's the pushing you're seeing..?

Thanks for chiming in. I’ve never fully removed that pen. I’ve only pulled it out as far as it needs to to get the lower out, which means the pin remains in the catch the whole time when disassembling and removed from the rest of the gun

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 10:10:36 PM »
Could you post a video?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 11:16:29 PM »
Could you post a video?

If I knew how to I would .

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »

Offline rcbif

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 08:31:59 AM »
Ya, that dont look good. That's like double the gap of others gun online

Possible an out of spec trunnion with a low hole? Other than extreme pay in the hole in the trunnion, or the two holes in the lower tabs, I dont see any other way it could sit that low.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:34:24 AM by rcbif »

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Yeah...I would put a call in to CZ about that. Sumn' ain't right there...

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 05:27:26 PM »
Methinks there is an issue with the safety lever. Either it isn’t in all the way, or rotated wrong.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »
Methinks there is an issue with the safety lever. Either it isn’t in all the way, or rotated wrong.

It’s interesting you mention that because I thought about this earlier today and checked it and everything seems to be just fine. I even disassembled the right side safety lever and put the lower receiver back in to see and it’s still the same.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »
Ok let me ask something else.

When I slowly try to insert the lower back in, again I push the rear part of the lower in first, and then try to push up the rest...

About half way up (after inserting the rear part of the lower), it’s already trying to push it back down.

Is this normal? Like is the magazine release catch thing  putting pressure on the bolt and this is normal?

Once I get it fully inserted I still feel it trying to push out a bit but it does stay in.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:00:11 PM by 007_Bond »

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:00 PM »
Trade the gun.

;D

Seriously though.  Do you have the hammer cocked when you insert it?

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 01:54:13 PM »
Trade the gun.

;D

Seriously though.  Do you have the hammer cocked when you insert it?

Yes

Offline jmstallard

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
Is this the position in which is begins to push back? If so, that's the point when the hammer (cocked) makes contact with the bolt. There's naturally some resistance as the bolt forces the hammer down a little further, but it isn't so much that it will push the lower out of alignment when it is fully inserted but not locked via the disassembly pin. It sounds like you're feeling normal pressures, so I'd discount the hammer/bolt mating point as the cause for the gap.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:36:19 AM by jmstallard »

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:47 PM »
Is this the position in which is begins to push back? If so, that's the point when the hammer (cocked) makes contact with the bolt. There's naturally some resistance as the bolt forces the hammer down a little further, but it isn't so much that it will push the lower out of alignment when it is fully inserted but not locked via the disassembly pin. It sounds like you're feeling normal pressures, so I'd discount the hammer/bolt mating point as the cause for the gap.

Thx so much. This helped a lot for clarity.

Yeah my movement is small and it’s still a tight fit which is good. Just semi annoying that I can feel the lower move when gripping it with my support hand to shoot. But right now with all my reaching out on serval platforms, it’s a 50/50 balance between people saying it’s normal versus not normal.

The gap seems to be about normal from a lot of pictures I have examined of others scorpions. And I even have lots saying they have some movement as well. So I’m thinking I’ll just let it be for right now.

Offline jmstallard

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
I have a tiny bit of movement myself, so SOME wiggle is normal, but without video, it's hard to say how bad yours is.

anything