Author Topic: Powder Valley VIT Powders Sale  (Read 246 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Powder Valley VIT Powders Sale
« on: October 04, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »
Sale ends October 5th at Midnight CT!
$2 off 1 pound containers, $8 off 4 pound containers,
and $16 off 8 pound containers!
Excludes: N110, N130, 20N29, 3N38-04, N133-08,
N310-04, and N350-04.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: Powder Valley VIT Powders Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »
Not only has the USA gotten over the rush/scare to buy, but I believe that highly competitive, super low priced powders like BE-86 have taken a big bite out of the Vit market.

Just my 2 cents.
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline Long_shot

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:16 PM »
Not only has the USA gotten over the rush/scare to buy, but I believe that highly competitive, super low priced powders like BE-86 have taken a big bite out of the Vit market.

Just my 2 cents.

PV was spamming me about this deal seemingly every day, so I think you're right.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »
Hope you folks are correct! ;D

Offline Wobbly

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
This from another thread applies...

► No, I'm not giving up on N320 or N330. But these newer powders (BE-86 and probably the new ones from IMR) will give VihtaVuori a run for their money. VV will either need to drop their prices to sell in the US or go home. Some product lines (like cars and liquors) can demand a higher price simply based on their name. I'm not sure you can pull that off in reloading, mainly because (unlike cars) most people start reloading to save money.

Of course, I've been wrong before. Just like Lexus rising to the price of a BMW, powders like BE-86 could always collect their own "snob appeal" and rise to the price level of the VV product line !!  :P

;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:33:06 AM by Wobbly »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:44:08 PM »
I'm not sneering at or belittling other good powders.  On the contrary,  if I had the time I'd be buying a couple that've been discussed here.
  I've got 3+# of CSB 5 that showed  promise with 124 gr minor power factor.  I've got AA #5 that I really liked except for the tiny powder volume needed.  I even modified my powder system to eliminate powder leaks.
When it comes down to it now,  I can load and shoot with a powder I am thoroughly familiar with and set up to load very accurately;  OR I can shoot less and load and chrono more.
  I choose to shoot more and experiment less.
Prices dropping a little on my powder is a plus.

Now if you tell me my scores/shooting speed will go UP,  then I'd give up sleep to jump in on the latest  magic powder. :o

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »

Just my 2 cents.

This is certainly correct.  It's new powders to some degree, but it's also old powders. LOTS of new reloaders, we can see it in this subforum today, are going after N320 for action shooting based on reputation.  It's been that way for quite some time.  It's the gold standard.  So lots and lots of people have been using it for quite some time without using anything else, and during the shortage, people were forced to try alternatives, and when they tried alternatives, they learned that N320 was not the holy grail.

N320 is great powder for action shooting, but there are several other equally great, and I would say a couple better.  But at the end of the day, if your product goes into shortage, and your customer base moves to your competition, some of that customer base is gone forever.  That's a guarantee.

Offline Wobbly

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
But at the end of the day, if your product goes into shortage, and your customer base moves to your competition, some of that customer base is gone forever.  That's a guarantee.

It was hard enough herding cats inside the corral. Now that someone left the gate open...