Author Topic: Decided To Buy A Dillon  (Read 7582 times)

Offline t107

Decided To Buy A Dillon
« on: October 05, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
Decided put together  A Dillon 650 order  moving on up from Single Stage .Where did you guys buy from ? I have bought some stuff from Graf & Sons but some orders take forever. Was going to order through krakenpop.com till i email 2 times no answer (Their out  ) . Im Thinking Everglades i have a Free Ship on a lg order from them but never ordered reloading equipment from them before are they ok for dillon orders ? I thought krakenpop was good but after no response to email questions then looking on FB page reviews ! Everglades  got back to my emails same hour seems real good. I only used PD and Montana for my Bullets. Thanks for any help.

Offline Rnlinebacker

Re: Decided To Buy A Dillon
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
EBay has free shipping. Comes direct from factory with one caliber kit

Amazon offers free shipping as well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline 2bfree

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
Just order from Dillon. 579.00 + shipping. Amazon 609.00 Free shipping.

Offline t107

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:04:19 PM »
Has anyone ordered Dillon from Everglades Bullets & reloading ?

Offline Rnlinebacker

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »
Has anyone ordered Dillon from Everglades Bullets & reloading ?
They probably don't carry it. So it'll be a drop shipment straight from Dillon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »
I bought my Dillon 650 direct from Dillon, plus some accessories I needed.  No problems!  8)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline muncie21

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
Another happy 'ordered it straight from Dillon' customer.  Dillon keeps a pretty tight leash on pricing so you'll be hard pressed to find the press (not including shipping) much cheaper than Dillon direct. 

When I  need a small part or two I typically throw them in with an order of reloading components from Grafs.  They have flat rate shipping, so if you need a small part or three it's cheaper to include it with your powder/primer order than to order separately from Dillon.

Offline kpj313

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:28:09 PM »
Same here, just went straight to dillon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline t107

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »
Ok Thanks Dillon it is!!     

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
Buy the strong mount and the roller handle. 
Buy the strong mount and the roller handle.     ;)

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
Bought 650 straight from Dillon earlier this year. It came within a week. I was on a tight budget, so I didn't buy the strongmount, roller handle or casefeeder. I still don't have any of those yet, but I smile every single time I make a pile of bullets with one pull of the handle. It is still WAY faster than single stage. I did get a few of the common ebay upgrades though, roller bearing shellplate, rollercam and just recently primer on/off switch.

I do some load development for rifle rounds, so the primer On/Off is the handiest feature (when you are setting up dies or checking/confirming powder charges).

I've only got the 45 setup right now, but looking to 9mm sometime soon.

One thing you will be sure of is glad you went blue. I was talking to a reloader last weekend who used the lee 3stage system and he was having case feeding and primer feeding issues.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline t107

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 03:57:38 PM »

No fooling i was debating SM  LOL. Being that  My work bench is 36 1/2'' from floor .

Offline t107

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »
Bought 650 straight from Dillon earlier this year. It came within a week. I was on a tight budget, so I didn't buy the strongmount, roller handle or casefeeder. I still don't have any of those yet, but I smile every single time I make a pile of bullets with one pull of the handle. It is still WAY faster than single stage. I did get a few of the common ebay upgrades though, roller bearing shellplate, rollercam and just recently primer on/off switch.

I do some load development for rifle rounds, so the primer On/Off is the handiest feature (when you are setting up dies or checking/confirming powder charges).

I've only got the 45 setup right now, but looking to 9mm sometime soon.

One thing you will be sure of is glad you went blue. I was talking to a reloader last weekend who used the lee 3stage system and he was having case feeding and primer feeding issues.

A lot of good info Thanks .  I got tired of the chore of Single stage press as i have the Forster Co-Ax its good but slow 100 rounds in a 1 1/2 hrs. But will keep for load development and maybe 223 . I only load pistol now.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 07:28:45 PM »

Yup! +1 to that!  Got those when I ordered it.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:59 PM »

No fooling i was debating SM  LOL. Being that  My work bench is 36 1/2'' from floor .

I use a Strong Mount on a 36" bench and love it. When you're in front of the press, the op lever needs to be at shoulder level. I like standing to reload, and with a 650 you won't be standing there long !!

The SM not only lets you set the machine deeper on your work bench (making it far more stable), but it's also the required option to mount the Bullet Tray and other options. I also like to get some rectangular magnets from the hardware store and plop them onto the SM. That's where I keep all the hex keys and other small setup tools. Sooo much more convenient.

The Roller Handle is really nice, but nothing else depends on it being there, so you can add that anytime.

I think the third party Spent Primer Chutes are very, very handy. What they do is route all the smutt and the old spent primers into a gallon milk jug under your bench. In this way all the trash is taken care of for you. Some scrap metal dealers will even pay you for the spent primer brass.

;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:00:56 PM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.