Author Topic: Done with the NRA -- NRA wants to ban bumpfire stocks & other near f/a devices  (Read 13320 times)

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
You didn't post the whole statement.
I see it as we give up bump stock but you give us national concealed carry reciprocity.

1000% agreed!!!  Don't start the slippery slope talk either. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
I could go with the Bump Stock ban ONLY if this ends the debate and we move onto important issues. Again, if this is the end of it.

The wheels of Government are intended to grind slowly as to dissuade knee-jerk activity. 'If we continue this path of jumping off the ship every time we hit a wave, we will certainly drown.' [this quote is mine]

LOVE THAT QUOTE BUDDY!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
I personally have zero use for a bump fire stock, but I wouldn't want to see them banned either, not for one persons' misuse of an item. However, if we were to truly "compromise", (not the Lefts version, which is we take this and let you keep that), it would be, "OK, you can ban bumpfire stocks, but we get suppressors, SBR and SBS off the NFA '34." That would make them howl like spavined pups.
Gun Owners of America is a great outfit, highly recommend them.

Offline flattusmaximus78

I think we aren't only going to lose the stocks, but kiss the suppressor thing good bye as well. I don't see any trade off, just a lose lose.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
I, unfortunately, tend to agree.  :(

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
So this is the new Pete Brownells NRA that is "finally going on the offensive"?!?

Offline Voodoo

Blind offensive... I'm sure Napoleon or General Antonio L?pez de Santa Anna would find this approach to say at least "bad" if they had a chance to do it all all over again.

Offline oldfrank

You know this is the end of nothing.  Right?

No but it may be the start of something.
Gun Banners in congress want no one to have any guns and would confiscate every single one of them if they could. Even your grand Pa's old pump action .22

If you give them an inch they will take a mile.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Looking at this realistically.  Who can buy a bump fire stock,  no rifle, just the BF Stock?  Who are prohibited from buying one?  Can a convicted felon buy one.  It's not a firearm.

I also fear the give them an inch rule.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:21:53 AM by 1SOW »

Offline RSR

Looking at this realistically.  Who can buy a bump fire stock?  Who are prohibited from buying one?  Can a convicted felon buy one.  It's not a firearm.

I also fear the give them an inch rule.

Can a convicted felon legally own a firearm?  Can a convicted felon legally be in possession of a firearm?  Is a bumpfire stock of any use w/o a rifle?  Does a bumpfire stock do anything one cannot do w/ a simple rubber band?

GOA is opposing the bumpfire ban: http://gunowners.org/bump-stock-ban-opposed-by-gun-owners-group-despite-nra-stance.htm
I like their politics, just need to ensure the organization itself just doesn't exist to line a bunch of rich guys pockets or to throw parties...

Worth noting -- the NRA as we know it does not involve itself in politics...  It's the NRA-ILA that gets involved on the political side of things.  Very few NRA members donate to NRA-ILA and even in consolidated filings the campaign expenditure side of things is but a small part of its budget.  NRA dues themselves go to substantial six figure salaries to NRA leadership and staff; fancy offices, a museum, a gun range in Northern Virginia (effectively DC); more staff throughout the country; NRA shows; and a limited amount of actual program funding throughout the country.  It's a nearly half billion organization annually...  They're only worried about keeping the cash flows coming; not about actually standing up for what is right.  http://www.guns.com/2017/05/05/nra-revenue-expenses-in-2016/
The National Rifle Association saw a 10 percent bump in revenue during election year 2016, but also spent $42 million more than it earned, according to a financial statement given to members at last week?s annual conference.

The statement consolidates revenue and expenses from six NRA-affiliated organizations, including its political action committee, according to the statement. It lists $433.9 million for total revenue and other support along with $475.9 million in expenses.

However, the NRA carried over monies from the year before. At the end of 2015, the NRA had approximately $42 million remaining after expenses, according to the statement.

The biggest increase in spending for 2016 went toward program services to the tune of $288 million, a 52 percent jump from the year before. The statement does not go into great detail about it, but in filings with the Internal Revenue Service the NRA describes program services as ?centered on the NRA?s core mission of firearms safety, education, and training.?

According to the group?s IRS Form 990, examples are ?too numerous to detail? but include NRA?s Refuse To Be A Victim, Eddie Eagle, NRA Museum, NRA Advancement, NRA Country, the Great American Outdoor Show, and NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits.

?The Association strives to direct the maximum percentage of its funding toward educational and other general operations programs, legislative activities and member services,? the statement says, adding 80 cents of every dollar the NRA spends goes toward program services.
[...]
Leading up to the 2016 election, the NRA also spent more than $30 million in support of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has maintained a close relationship with the organization since becoming president.

According to the statement, the NRA generated the majority of its revenue from membership dues, $163.5 million, down about $2 million, and contributions, $171 million, up 24 percent, in 2016. Program fees accounted for the third largest amount with $69 million, up $4 million. And investments, royalties and assets accounted for approximately $30 million.

The statement also includes details about investment growth. By the end of 2016, the NRA?s cash and investments totaled $173.3 million.

The organization?s portfolio is comprised of 68.5 percent equity securities, 2.6 percent money market funds and CDs, 18.4 percent fixed income securities, 5.8 percent alternative investments, and 4.7 percent real estate and other.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:23:26 PM by RSR »

Offline Vernonion

The first 10 amendments to the Constitution make up the Bill of Rights. Written by James Madison in response to calls from several states for greater constitutional protection for individual liberties, the Bill of Rights lists specific prohibitions on governmental power. (Quoted from The Bill of Rights Institute)
FOCUS!!!!!
The Government does not give us the right to defend ourselves. GOD did that at birth. That is why we have large brains and thumbs.
I am equal to any other. If he has a full auto I am equally justified in having the same. That is what the first constitutional congress enacted in the second amendment. ANY COMPROMISE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. If they want to change the Constitution they know the steps they need to take  to amend it.
The subterfuge and cowardice has us all confused.
Study, read, focus. The devil is loose, do not let your guard down!

Offline Vernonion

@ RSR
You forgot to mention that now the NRA is selling insurance.

Offline Bulla

Whatever you do don't  let them introduce Australian based gun laws, they are ridiculous compared to most countries. Exception being Californoa I suppose.  Cannot even have airsoft here and paintball guns require the same weapon licence as rifles etc

Offline foxstowe

I wish the nra would focus more on the future of guns and be more proactive.

things like 80% builds, 3d printed parts, and what the tech world will be doing with sights and trigger systems.

anything