Author Topic: Done with the NRA -- NRA wants to ban bumpfire stocks & other near f/a devices  (Read 2094 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

For those that say, not one inch. Well that mule left the barn in 1934 (NFA). Get rid of NFA and we have no problems. That will happen right after the Pope becomes a Baptist. Just sayin'

I doubt if there are very many if any on this board who had any control over 1934 so that point is moot. Had there been a newswire in 1934 like we have today I doubt the NFA would have gotten passed.You're also talking the throes of the great depression (another government generated mess) so many people were merely trying to survive not even knowing there was an NFA in the works.
We can thank GOVERNMENT for just about all our problems then and today. Politicians are a metastatic cancer on society.

Offline Long_shot

My take is, "pick your battles". That being said, I won't battle anyone who suggests that these devices should be banned. Frankly, I've never liked them because they are clearly meant to circumvent law. There are much more important fights, such as national reciprocity and the hearing protection act. I'll fight those battles instead.

Offline RSR

When the agency in charge of interpreting and enforcing the law says they're kosher, they aren't "circumventing" the law no matter what you argue. 

"Pick your battles" and "throw your allies under the bus" are two entirely separate tactics.  The NRA did the former.

NSFW, but agree with Yankee Marshall here:

Offline WVNed

It's ok to ban stuff I dont like.

LOL
We have lost. Ready to be slaves.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline benscratchin

Until a better 2A organization comes along to protect out rights, with as much clout and influence as the NRA, it's Our best protector.
Keep the U.S. 2nd. amendment alive...

Offline John A.

I don't think protector is the best word for it.

Lobbyist organization maybe.

I still think they suck though.

I still think Gun Owners of America is a lot more proactive.

I've received 3 alert emails from GOA this month asking me to contact reps to support bills.

Emails I've gotten from NRA?

none.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline WVNed

What about these people?

I am not getting NRA-ILA emails either so I looked. The windows 10 mail app seems to be filtering them out. They are in the main mailbox if I log in on the internet.
Surprise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:00:56 PM by WVNed »
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline Moken

For those that say, not one inch. Well that mule left the barn in 1934 (NFA). Get rid of NFA and we have no problems. That will happen right after the Pope becomes a Baptist. Just sayin'

I doubt if there are very many if any on this board who had any control over 1934 so that point is moot. Had there been a newswire in 1934 like we have today I doubt the NFA would have gotten passed.You're also talking the throes of the great depression (another government generated mess) so many people were merely trying to survive not even knowing there was an NFA in the works.
We can thank GOVERNMENT for just about all our problems then and today. Politicians are a metastatic cancer on society.
NFA is hardly a moot point. It's the basis for ALL current gun regulations and establishment of the ATF and giving the FBI "teeth".

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

NFA is hardly a moot point. It's the basis for ALL current gun regulations and establishment of the ATF and giving the FBI "teeth".

You missed the point. No one today had any control over 1934 so there's nothing that can be done about that now. ALL we can do is fight from here forward and not give them anything more. I will give up nothing no matter what laws they try to force down our throats. NOTHING!

Offline Vernonion

The first 10 amendments to the Constitution make up the Bill of Rights. Written by James Madison in response to calls from several states for greater constitutional protection for individual liberties, the Bill of Rights lists specific prohibitions on governmental power. (Quoted from The Bill of Rights Institute)
FOCUS!!!!!
The Government does not give us the right to defend ourselves. GOD did that at birth. That is why we have large brains and thumbs.
I am equal to any other. If he has a full auto I am equally justified in having the same. That is what the first constitutional congress enacted in the second amendment. ANY COMPROMISE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. If they want to change the Constitution they know the steps they need to take  to amend it.
The subterfuge and cowardice has us all confused.
Study, read, focus. The devil is loose, do not let your guard down!
If we had the communications capabilities in 1934 that we have today it may have been different... but who knows we had helmet laws shoved down our throats. Governments don't make good shepherds and I'm tired of being a sheep.

Offline Moken

Until NFA is repealed or weakened that is the precedence and corner stone the left falls back on. That is a fact.

Offline Vernonion

Offline John A.

Thank you for that link.

I knew it happened, but it's nice to be able to read a "then current" article concerning it.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Voodoo

All those "NRA is bad" posts in various forums lately did to me was make me realize what is happening.
I'm now a lifetime member.