Author Topic: P-10C going into battery when mag sent home  (Read 3516 times)

Offline tenfourk

P-10C going into battery when mag sent home
« on: October 06, 2017, 11:07:55 AM »
Reading through here I found people having problems not going into battery. Mine is the reverse. With just one of my two original mags as soon as I drive it home the slide releases. Does it every time with the one mag.  Never does it with the other one. Anyone else experience this? It really shocked me at first because I am so used to my CZs with safeties and the danger this would present with them.

Offline dave33

Re: P-10C going into battery when mag sent home
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:20:45 AM »
If you insert the mag just a little harder you should be able to get both mags to auto load.  I look at it as an advantage, much quicker loading.  Both my P-09's auto forward and my P-10 does as well.

If you are practicing proper trigger discipline your finger is not on the trigger while reloading anyway.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:39:17 AM by dave33 »

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »
Many different brands of guns will do this and some individual guns will or will not.

I also look at it as an advantage when competitive shooting and the 5% of the time it doesn't happen messes me up.

Offline Vernonion

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
CZs with safeties and the danger this would present with them.
I have a P10C on the way and a 75B in the safe. I can get the slide to auto forward on the 75B if I slam a full mag home with authority. I am wondering what added danger you see with the hammer guns over the striker fired.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
For me,  it's a big plus with both my CZ75 models that self-release 99.9% of the time..
Try this:  clear the pistol and lock the slide back.  Now pretend you're doing a fast tactical reload,  and smack the bottom of the grip firmly with the heel of your weak hand.
Mine will all release the slide without the mag..
My Sig doesn't auto load[ reliably,  just about 30% of the time.. 

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:55:36 PM »
I am wondering what added danger you see with the hammer guns over the striker fired.

Zero.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
Autoloading look at it this way.
In a self-defense situation if you happen to empty a magazine your slide is locked back, when you put in the new magazine with guns that don't Auto slide forward, you have to slingshot the slide to put one in the chamber, and at that point your Hammer is cocked and ready to go for the next shot.
With a pistol that auto forwards the slide when you put in a new magazine, your slingshot of the slide to load the next round is not in the picture. And your Hammer is still cocked and ready to go for the next shot. Extra couple of seconds not having to slingshot the slide on your next magazine is priceless.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
I thought it was designed to do this.
"1776" - Part II

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 04:03:45 PM »
Some do, some don't.

Offline LonChaney

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 04:22:34 PM »
Extra couple of seconds not having to slingshot the slide on your next magazine is priceless.

Until you pull the trigger and get a click instead of a bang because you're chamber is empty.  Seen it happen more times than I can remember in matches and force on force scenarios. Auto forwarding slides are a negative in my book.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 05:43:46 PM »
If it auto forwards with a full magazine it's going to put a cartridge in the chamber.
 Isn't that what you want ????
4000 rounds through my PO 7 and P09 it has done it every time.
And I'm sure some of you are thinking,
" BUT what if I SLAM IN A MAG and it doesn't auto forward ??
Well, " SLINGSHOT IT "  like you always do.
I guess a good question is what pistols don't load a cartridge when you slam in amag and it auto forwards?
Like I said 4000 rounds did it every time.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:46:05 PM by DOC 1500 »

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
I've had my P09 now since June of 2017 and carry it daily. When I get to work I take out the magazine and take out the cartridge in the chamber and lock it in the safe in the car. So in all actuality ever since I've had it at least once a day I slam the mag and a round goes in the chamber, you do the math at least 6 days a week since June 13th.
And that's not counting every time at the range I Slam in a magazine.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 10:53:36 PM »
Mine doesn't with any magazine, and I'm OK with that. I'm used to the various methods of releasing the slide and have trained with them for years, so no bother to me.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »
I've had my P09 now since June of 2017 and carry it daily. When I get to work I take out the magazine and take out the cartridge in the chamber and lock it in the safe in the car. So in all actuality ever since I've had it at least once a day I slam the mag and a round goes in the chamber, you do the math at least 6 days a week since June 13th.
And that's not counting every time at the range I Slam in a magazine.

I'm not giving you a hard time but please do some reading up on ammunition and reloading especially regarding bullet set back. Rounds that are chambered and unchambered numerous times can suffer from bullet set back which simply means the bullet is forced deeper into the shell casing and this can result in excessively high pressures upon firing also possibly resulting in a damaged gun and or a damaged shooter.
What you are doing can be a very unsafe practice and in a defensive situation the last thing you want is for your gun to fail for any reason.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:49:37 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Winkel

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 11:49:53 PM »
A quick visual comparison to another round should be sufficient.