Author Topic: Range time with the two carry guns, P-07 and PM-40  (Read 548 times)

Offline Joe L

Range time with the two carry guns, P-07 and PM-40
« on: October 08, 2017, 09:35:52 PM »
I shot 120 rounds through the Kadet (bullseye practice at 25 and 50 yards) and then set up a fresh target at 25 yards, then pulled the Kahr PM-40 out of its holder and took 5 shots, two handed standing.  Went and marked the .40 cal holes and then went back to the shooting line, drew the P-07 and fired off 5 rounds.  Here is the result. 

I probably wouldn't have pushed them left if I hadn't shot the Kadet first.  I hate shooting the PM-40, but love how well I can shoot it.  Going from a .22 to a 17 oz .40 S&W isn't a pleasant experience.  Shooting a P-07 is ALWAYS a pleasant experience.  I do need to move the rear sight right a little on the P-07. 

This was a fun way to finish the day, at least with the P-07.  Not so much the Kahr.  A Kahr PM-9 is tolerable.  A PM-40 isn't, but it has always shot well.  The P-07 just feels right every time I pick it up.  I'm going to shoot it some more this week, while fixing the zero. 

Joe

CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline copemech

Re: Range time with the two carry guns, P-07 and PM-40
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »
I am with you on that. I think my P07 has become my favorite defensive type shooter! O0

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
Really good shooting with that PM-40.  I shot a friends CM-9 which is the less expensive brother.  I really liked the gun, but struggled to keep most rounds in the A zone (had some Cs), but that was my limitations and it was only 15 yards.  If I tried the .40 at 25 yards I already know it would not be pretty. 
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »
The rather nice trigger pull on the Kahr is so long that if I get impatient with it, I will jerk the gun down and hit low.  My hands are too large for the gun also.  That said, I think a 4" steel version in 9mm would be a great shooter and could be shot well without a lot of practice.  But I would much rather carry a P-07 or P-10C if I wanted a 4" gun for carry.  The beauty of the Kahr is its size.  The only other 3" gun I've tried and liked was a Sig P938, but I always seem to shoot the Kahr well.  It just hurts to shoot it. 

I may try it at 50 yards just for kicks this week.  Maybe.  Just 5 rounds, though, and not after shooting the Kadet for an hour or so. 

I just think a 4" barrel pistol is a great combination of size, accuracy, and magazine capacity for a carry gun, if the size isn't limiting, like in the cool months coming up.  For now, I have a P-07 and the PM-40 in my rolling bag or I have the PM-40 under the shirt in a Crossbreed holster when I'm out and about or travelling.   

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline copemech

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:04:52 PM »
Joe, if you a chance try out the Ruger LC9s pro.

I got one for the wife, now I want one!

Great shooter for a 3 in bug gun! O0

anything