Author Topic: Just picked up Shadow 2  (Read 531 times)

Offline nickshawn

Just picked up Shadow 2
« on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »
New shipments must have arrived as they are popping up online so I went to my local dealer and walked out with one  ;D (black grip version)

Can't wait to get it home, clean it up and get some rounds through it!

Offline olfarhors

Re: Just picked up Shadow 2
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »
congrats!
I must say, I picked one up a few months back and it was a nice pistol, but was questioning the extra money VS the SP-01 tactical that I already owned.
 Let me say that after about 1000-1200 rounds thorough this thing the more I shoot it the more I am in love with it.
one very nice weapon .

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »
That good to hear. I have a sp-01 Tac that is polished up with all the goodies. If I like this Shadow more I'll be nothing but  ;D

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:17:02 PM »
Quick cleaning and then outside for a quick 150 rounds....

This thing has got to be illegal  O0 O0  So much fun to shoot,

Trigger is not as light as my SP of course but very smooth. Measured at 8 lb 6 oz DA and 2 lbs 11 oz, avg 5 pulls.

Can't wait to shoot some more and then maybe a little Cajun magic....

Online 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 12:31:03 AM »
Does your "grip"with the undercuts on the  frame feel significantly better/worse/no significant change???
I'm looking for excuses ;D.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »
Does your "grip"with the undercuts on the  frame feel significantly better/worse/no significant change???
I'm looking for excuses ;D.

Which way do you want me to answer...  8)

Definitely as different feel, not necessarily better or worse, and yet very similar. Feels slightly "thicker" but still great. (FWIW I dislike the 97 due to the increased grip size) Checkering on the front and back feel more aggressive and useful.

I held both for a while last night going back and forth and really couldn't decide if I liked one more than the other.

Offline muncie21

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
Congrats on the S2.  One of these days I'll get around to installing one of the CGW 10x bushings and short reset.  Other than that (perhaps different grips) not much more to fiddle with.

BTW, if you are looking for a reason O0 to get rid of the extra safeties (wide ones) that the S2 comes with shoot me a PM.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »
Congrats on the S2.  One of these days I'll get around to installing one of the CGW 10x bushings and short reset.  Other than that (perhaps different grips) not much more to fiddle with.

BTW, if you are looking for a reason O0 to get rid of the extra safeties (wide ones) that the S2 comes with shoot me a PM.

I plan on installing those when I tear it apart to polish/mod.

I do have a left had one that I had planned to install on my steel compact but didn't. It was $35 from CGW, I'll ship it for $25 if you want it.

Offline BLUEPSTU

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
I just saw your reply in the other thread. Thanks.

I plan on installing those when I tear it apart to polish/mod.

I do have a left had one that I had planned to install on my steel compact but didn't. It was $35 from CGW, I'll ship it for $25 if you want it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:44:00 PM by BLUEPSTU »

Offline muncie21

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
If the one you have is the same as what's pictured on Cajun's website (first picture below) it is the same as a Tactical Sport safety.  Although safeties from TS and S2s are physically interchangeable, I prefer the S2 design

Safety shown on Cajun's website

Shadow 2 safety

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »
Yep. Tac sport version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BLUEPSTU

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 10:11:30 PM »
Gotcha. Bummer.
Yep. Tac sport version.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
So took the SP-01 and Shadow to the range at lunch just to see how they felt shooting side-by-side. Pics on next post show 1 magazine (16 or 17 rounds) each at 5, 7.5 and 10 yards. The SP-01 is the left target and the Shadow is the right target. Not necessarily slow fire but not rushing either, just kind of a steady see the target, pull the trigger rhythm.

Not a whole lot of difference between the two (yes, I really, really need to shoot more). Both felt great in hand but I'd give the nod to the Shadow for overall feel if I had to pick.

(SP-01 had a full Cajun Pro package with 11.5# spring and the 10x bushing)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 02:03:14 PM »

anything