Author Topic: DPM Systems  (Read 5265 times)

Offline jimzilla

DPM Systems
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:21:58 PM »
Is anyone using this guide rod/spring combo? and if so how well does it work? click on link below, thanks.
https://dpmsystems.us/products/cz-75-d-compact-p01-p06
Fresh Meat

Offline HST

Re: DPM Systems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:34:07 AM »
I have one in my 85 B and i like it. As far as reducing recoil i don't know because once you fire 10 rounds thru it you can't remember what the stock
set up felt like unless you have 2 guns to go back and forth with.
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
Does residue get inside and do you oil or grease it?
Fresh Meat

Offline Peacetilence

• CZ 75B, PCR, 97BD and Scorpion EVO3. Fun :)
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
Oil. I run that thing in my PCR, like the modified recoil impulse and the slide not hitting the frame. I use DPM Systems recoil assemblies in most of my guns for that reason -- PCR, 75B, 97BD and a Jericho 941.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:02:12 PM by Peacetilence »

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »
I have a SP01 accu shadow that chews the guide rod I wish they made a system for that
Fresh Meat

Offline Peacetilence

• CZ 75B, PCR, 97BD and Scorpion EVO3. Fun :)

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »
I've become a believer in the DPM system.  One of the pistols I own is a CZ 75 steel railed compact in .40.  These were produced around the year 2004 and I am not sure how many were produced.  This gun had become known as the 'problem child' for me since it seemed to have trouble behaving.  I bought it used and it had issues feeding.  I figured that I'd tune it but it didn't take well at all to Cajunization with more issues than ever.  Extra power mag springs helped and a restoration of all springs to factory spec helped more.  Running a 22# recoil spring and stainless guide rod helped a lot more and brought it up to about the 99% level.  Still, not good enough for carry though.

After reading this thread, I thought I'd give a DPM Systems Recoil Reduction System a shot and ordered one for a CZ 75 Compact.  The problem child lived up to its name and destroyed it within 10 to 15 rounds.  I contacted DPM (they are in Greece) and they immediately responded with both phone calls and emails to try to figure out what happened.  Photos and measurements went back and forth, all with their reassurance that if I was not happy, just let them know and they'd issue a complete refund.  We figured out the issue and it was that batch of .40 Compacts produced by CZ over a decade ago.  Turns out, the spring house is significantly shorter on those guns than on other 75B Compacts.  The short spring house was allowing the inner sleeve to take the impact of recoil and it took very few rounds to deform it.  DPM offered to build a custom system for that gun and if it still did not work, issue a refund.  I took them up on that offer and they sent not just one replacement for the odd compact, but a second one for another 9mm compact I have, with no additional charge.

I received the new system and have run it for a bit and the thing works.  That compact .40 now feels like a stout 9mm and the gun finally runs.  In fact, it runs very well now.  I still have the factory springs everywhere else in the gun, so over time I'll take another shot at cajunizing the pistol.  The second recoil system that they sent for my 75B compact has made that gun feel a bit better than my 99021 in recoil feel.  Anyone who has shot a 99021 along side a standard steel compact knows how sweet the 99021 feels due to that extra bit of weight up front.  The DPM system does seem to make a difference. 

The thing that I was really impressed with though, was the high level of customer service.  Not only did DPM stand behind their product, but they went well above and beyond what was called for.  Over time, I'll add their system to a couple of other guns to see how it effects them.  Next up may be either a full size 75B, SP01 or Glock 23.  If the difference in the G23 is as dramatic as it was with the .40 Compact, it will really become a nice winter carry gun.

BTW, they do custom work as requested and I am now wishing that I still had my 10mm Witness.  That would have been a fun one to try their system on.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »
Interesting story, you just happened to get one out of a bad batch. I always wondered about those DPM systems and I've never heard anything bad about them. I just don't see the product as something that I need as I'm not tryin to reduce any recoil. What they did to help you out is nothing short of amazing. Most companies would rather take the easy route and be done with you. These guys built you a custom rod and got a problem child gun to work. For FREE! I almost want to buy one just because it was a good story........

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »
Interesting story, you just happened to get one out of a bad batch. I always wondered about those DPM systems and I've never heard anything bad about them. I just don't see the product as something that I need as I'm not tryin to reduce any recoil. What they did to help you out is nothing short of amazing. Most companies would rather take the easy route and be done with you. These guys built you a custom rod and got a problem child gun to work. For FREE! I almost want to buy one just because it was a good story........

The problem was not with the DPM recoil system but with the odd spec for the .40 75 Compact.  I don't think that model was their best work.  They started with a light 9mm slide (289g vs 340g in the P06) and I think that they tried to compensate for the slide velocity by shortening the spring house, giving the slide a bit more travel before impacting the frame.  The problem is that in a compact, you get spring bind right at about that extra point, so the gun would run with a 22# recoil spring, but the spring shows deformation within 100 rounds of install.  The DPM system I had ordered was for a standard 75B Compact since I didn't know about the spring house issue until the engineer from DPM had me measure it.  With the custom setup, the slide has it's original long travel again and the DPM system can slow it before it impacts the frame.  With three springs in there, the system should last much longer than the single spring that approached spring bind at full slide travel.

But, you are right about their customer support.  Within 12 hours of sending the initial email, their tech support was trying to call me from Greece to figure out what went wrong.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 03:18:57 PM »
I totally understand what you meant about it not being their fault. It's the fact that they fixed your issue anyways that makes it extraordinary. Very uncommon to say the least.

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 05:37:08 PM »
Thanks Peacetilence for the link to SP01, at least I know they stand behind the product.
Fresh Meat

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »
Indy_Tim, would you mind weighing both the standard (OEM) recoil spring/rod config for your compact and the DPM Systems?  I'd like to know how much heavier it is.

Thanks.
Pretty much a CZ fanboy.

The Guardian

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »
well, you all talked me into trying this.......just ordered a set for my 75BD......will give my highly valued (at least by me  ;D ) opinion in a few weeks, after the parts arrive from over the pond  ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:17:59 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 09:11:36 PM »
Indy_Tim, would you mind weighing both the standard (OEM) recoil spring/rod config for your compact and the DPM Systems?  I'd like to know how much heavier it is.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay on this.  My stock spring and aftermarket steel guide rod comes in at 15 grams.  The DPM setup comes in at 17 grams.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
Also, the plastic rod and spring was only 5 grams