Author Topic: P-07 - Replacement trigger options?  (Read 6346 times)

Offline xcentrk

P-07 - Replacement trigger options?
« on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
While at the range yesterday I shot a couple boxes of ammo and then had a little hiccup. P-07 didn't fire, tap/rack resolved the issue. I was good for another box and then packed up. I did notice that after the issue my groups were very slightly wider, but I just attributed it to me being done for the day.

Took everything apart to clean it today and noticed that the right side of the trigger, where the pin goes through, was snapped off (see pic). I guess the piece of metal was the issue why it didn't fire and the racking of the slide cleared the piece of metal out of the frame.

Question is, since I need to replace it, is there anything better I should look at? Or should I just go with the factory replacement one CGW has available (https://cajungunworks.com/product/97005-p-09-factory-replacement-trigger/)

Thanks in advance!
Brandon

Offline Indy_Tim

Re: P-07 - Replacement trigger options?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:40:38 PM »
I've never seen that before.  Normally, I'd use that as an excuse to upgrade but I kind of like the triggers on my P09s.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »
Is that the "newest" trigger design?

My P07 (DUTY pistol) has a trigger with a more pronounced curve to it.  More like the CZ 75s.  My P09 has a sort of three angled trigger.  Straight in the middle, but slightly curved at the top and bottom.

If you were happy about the way that one felt on your finger, just replace it with the same version.

And I agree, never saw that type of breakage before.  Sooner or later, you see some strange things.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline xcentrk

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »
Indy_Tim...
Yep, I was doing the same thing. Since it is broken, wanted to see what else is out there since I have to replace it anyhow. I do the same thing with my phone, I can't wait until it breaks so I can have an excuse to upgrade, lol.

M1A4ME...
Yes. The pistol is only a few months old (4-6 or so). Sounds more like your P09 trigger. I was fine with it. Honestly I have not had much trigger time on it, maybe 600-800 rounds. This pistol had some work done shortly after I bought it and I recently got it all back and together (slide milled for RMR and CGW Pro package). I have never seen that type of break either. I'll have to take the blame since I installed the CGW package recently. I didn't really mess much with it when I did the install and the trigger and pin just popped back in place with no issues. I guess at some point I tweaked that side or put too much pressure on it and weakened it.

Here is how it sits now....

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:41:11 PM »
Xcentrk, the other two trigger types that were mentioned. My apologies if you have already checked them out!

Offline xcentrk

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:08:46 PM »
Cyanide,

Thanks for the pics. Seems I have the newer (lower model) currently. I have other CZ's with the top curved trigger as well. Either one was fine with me, so I ordered an original replacement from CGW last night (which shipped already this morning) to get the P07 back up and running soon as I will want to test the hell out of it before carrying it. I had not found any really upgrades out there for the actual trigger.

Hopefully since I have not seen anyone else with this issue, it's just a one off type thing and and I'l be able to carry this gun as I like it very much so far and have thrown a bunch of money into it.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »
You're very welcome! I think there is actually a newer trigger which is what you have, and I also have on my MHS model, which doesn't have such defined "joints" in the design:

Offline jimjc

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »
I'm new to CZ, I now have 3. When I purchased my P07 I couldn't get over how good the trigger was. DA was at 8" and SA was at 4 1/2" to 4 3/4 and smooth, not a perfect target trigger but it needs very little to be one. It's a little better than my P01, although the P01 is very good also. No it's not as good as a set up 1911 trigger what is but it's great out of the box. I would still like a straighter trigger so that's in the works and a few CGW pieces.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 08:22:42 PM »
Cyanide,

Thanks for the pics. Seems I have the newer (lower model) currently. I have other CZ's with the top curved trigger as well. Either one was fine with me, so I ordered an original replacement from CGW last night (which shipped already this morning) to get the P07 back up and running soon as I will want to test the hell out of it before carrying it. I had not found any really upgrades out there for the actual trigger.

Hopefully since I have not seen anyone else with this issue, it's just a one off type thing and and I'l be able to carry this gun as I like it very much so far and have thrown a bunch of money into it.

Ain't that great?  They're moving locations and they still get your order out the next day.  I always check CGW first when I'm ordering parts and order from them if they've got it in stock.  When you need it/want it, the quicker you get it, the happier you are.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »
Cyanide,

Ain't that great?  They're moving locations and they still get your order out the next day.  I always check CGW first when I'm ordering parts and order from them if they've got it in stock.  When you need it/want it, the quicker you get it, the happier you are.
Who is moving and where are they moving to?
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline xcentrk

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 06:01:55 PM »
Who is moving and where are they moving to?
Cajun Gun Works moved to a larger shop a few weeks ago. They did a great job at not delaying projects throughout the move.

anything