Author Topic: Possible P-10 issue?  (Read 3386 times)

Offline badwrench

Possible P-10 issue?
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »
On another board a youtube video by Omaha Outdoors was posted showing a p-10c with a serious issue.. it appears that the striker is rotating in the slide causing the slide to stop and not go fully forward..I've never heard of this until now, So, anybody know what gives, here?

Offline earlan357

Re: Possible P-10 issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
On another board a youtube video by Omaha Outdoors was posted showing a p-10c with a serious issue.. it appears that the striker is rotating in the slide causing the slide to stop and not go fully forward..I've never heard of this until now, So, anybody know what gives, here?

Looking at the slide position on the video, it's not that the striker is rotating in the tunnel that's the problem.  The striker assembly is allowing the plate to move down and snag on the rear of the rails.  I think a closer fitting cutout on the slide cover would fix this issue for a majority of people who have experienced it.  In the meantime, I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the slide for an AR15 takedown spring and detent, and a corresponding cutout in the plate to retain it.  Basically the same way Glock does it with the ejector spring and plunger. 

Offline badwrench

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »
Well, I hope CZ has a fix in the works.. while I have'nt had a problem with this yet, a few others have, and this is a no-go for a carry gun..as of right now my p10 is going in the safe until CZ gets it handled.. :-\

Offline Joe Willy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »
had the exact same problem with my new p10c. Slide got stuck after one round out of the box. I had to rerack the slide and slam it hard to get it to work. Sold after 100 rounds of malfunctions. Maybe the 2.0 will be better. I've owned other CZ's and always thought highly of them but the P10 is a dud.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »
I tried to manually make it happen in mine, and it wouldn't do it. I wonder if it's a problem that wears away for some and not for others?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 05:13:35 AM »
Threads are ongoing on several forums now about this issue - how many members here have had this happen?

Offline StuckonGlocks21

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 06:24:43 AM »
The P10 is far from being a dud! There are issues and they will be worked out. I’ve had this issue and have posted a picture of my fix in another thread. Competition 1911’s have had this issue. It can be fixed. Count on CZ to come up with something. Or maybe CZC or CGW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shimakaze

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »
Threads are ongoing on several forums now about this issue - how many members here have had this happen?

My P10c started to do this.  The back plate got pretty loose and slide down.   This must of loosened the tension on the strikers retention sleeve and allowed the striker assembly to pivot.  I did put a drop of lock tight on the slides rear plate to hold it up.  So far, it's working fine, but my pistol is regulated to range toy status at the moment.  :(

Offline earlan357

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »
The P10 is far from being a dud! There are issues and they will be worked out. I’ve had this issue and have posted a picture of my fix in another thread. Competition 1911’s have had this issue. It can be fixed. Count on CZ to come up with something. Or maybe CZC or CGW.

I beveled the front edge of the plate to match the angle on the middle leg.  If it drops down, the angle "ramps" the plate up so it doesn't hang up.  Not an ideal or long term solution though.

I also tried CZCs aluminum slide cover plate just to see if it helped.  The dimensions are exactly the same as the factory one, so same slop and movement.  I'm thinking cutting the half-moon shaped cutout in the cover plate lower, will lift in in the slide and care of this.  I even briefly considered milling a hole in the slide, a la Glock, and using an AR15 takedown detent and spring to retain the slide plate in the upper most position.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »
This little oversight has kinda soured me on the P-10c, I bought this to use as a EDC, and I don't need another range toy. I really hope CZ has got a fix in the works, because right now I'm dissapointed.

Offline cremaley

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
Almost every time a new gun comes to market it has issues with a small percentage of them. To say that the CZ 10-PC is a dud is ridiculous. Fortunately mine has been flawless but if it weren't I would send it back to CZ and have it repaired. I recently purchased the new Colt Cobra and had a major issue with the trigger not functioning. I sent it back to Colt and in a little more than a week it was returned to me in perfect working condition. It has performed flawlessly since. I never referred to it as a dud!
CZ 10-PC 9mm
Springfield XDE 9mm
Colt Cobra 38 Spl+P

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 08:09:42 PM »
Mine has never done this, but the fix should be easy, so I'm not worried about it.  I'll modify the factory rear plate for now to keep it from ever dropping down, even if it hasn't ever done so.  I'm thinking even some heavy grease would be sufficient to keep the rear plate from dropping down. 

Joe
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:11:54 PM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline 10-96

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »
I agree with Oldhammerdude.  I would try RTV Black Silicone (maybe) before I tried grease.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 01:00:34 AM »
I pulled the P-10C out, and with the slide barely pulled back, rotated the striker that tiny bit to it's left, and slowly rode the slide home...it stuck. So I racked the slide quickly - went right into battery. Locked the slide to the rear, pushed the striker over, released the slide, went into battery. Tried moving the slide cover down,wouldn't go down far enough to engage. Note - the projection that is flat to the front as seen on other photos is obviously worn into a bevel shape, most likely by normal wear and tear, so that this malf cannot occur to the best of my knowledge. Again, I was able to get the slide to hang up, but only by carefully and slowly riding the slide home. When racked or released from slide lock, the slide went into battery without issue. Again, a sample of one.

Offline ranastas

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 03:51:21 AM »
This☝️☝️☝️