Author Topic: Does anyone else wanna try the KelTec RDB Survivor just for grins and giggles?  (Read 455 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
For some reason this weird little carbine just grabs my attention. I would fit in a backpack with the sights folded and ten round mag inserted.

I could watch, but couldn't HEAR the sound, so I have no idea if this has a price tag yet...or if KT will actually try to make enough so one makes it to this state. ;)

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/rdb-s/

Thoughts?

Online AZ_CZ

"Standard version is $1280 MSRP. It will be that or less"

Have to appreciate the philosophy at KelTec and how they keep turning out fresh ideas, while other companies just make a "new" 1911 or a stylish AR
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:55:38 PM by AZ_CZ »
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline longgonedaddy

That's .223...plus some other large cal's in the works!  Yes, I want to try one of those!  Not sure I would buy one of that brand.   ???  Now, if CZ or FN made something like that...   8)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:55:34 PM by longgonedaddy »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Imagine the BREn given the same treatment...wouldn't work, though. I watched part of the nutnfancy review where he actually shot it, and it appears that a shooting grip actually puts the shooting thumb over the top of the carbine. This thing is TINY, but with a full 16 inch barrel and 26" overall as per law. No fancy gee gaws, just, apparently, a little, light 5.56mm rifle that takes AR magazines, seemed to have decent accuracy, that can slide into a narrow bag loaded up, ready to rock. If the MSRP was about half of what they suggest, they would sell like cold water in the desert. If it was going to remain at $1300 roughly, I'd just get a BREN pistol and SBR, but we don't know yet. It just really intrigues me in the same way that made me envision the CZ 527M/CSR, the rifle you take along when you really aren't expecting to need on, but if you NEED one, you have a good one waiting. This would even slide into a faux sleeping bag tube for traversing "unfriendly" areas, where lawful open carry might alarm the locals and gendarmes. Then again would they recognize it as a rifle? Put a few Bristol or Pennzoil stickers on it, they might think it's a mechanics tool!

Offline MRblack06

Definitely a pretty neat looking gun; I too appreciate how KelTec puts out original stuff instead of reinventing the wheel over and over like most manufacturers. However, I wonder how reliable it is. I've heard in the past that the RFB is pretty shoddy in terms of reliability and overall function, and you could almost consider this to be it's little brother so..kinda has me curious.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
I spoke to Oleg Volk, who works closely with KelTec, said he's fired the prototype and intends to have one by next years end.

dbequill

I actually kinda like the way they look. My dad has the ksg and it's pretty sweet, Kel-Tec makes some interesting weapons.

Offline Ron M.

I'd like to try one, really interested in the 300Blk version mentioned. That would be my first choice if I was considering one of these for survival rifle.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Have had 2 sub2000 that worked with CZ mags, an SU16,  PLR and P32 and never had any issues with any of them. When it came to wanting info a quick call to KT always got me a super quick answer. No, they are not perfect looking products but all did what they where supposed to do. Still have the PLR and the P32.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline vaglocker

I think it is interesting, and would consider it if looking for a bullpup

anything