Author Topic: Warranty repair has turned to replacement  (Read 1834 times)

Offline tsl34

• CZ Sporter and CZ Super Scroll Combo
Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:57 PM »
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this. For my birthday this past month my wife bought me the Super Scroll Combo (now my 3rd CZ shotgun). I had wanted this gun for a few years and she really shocked me with this purchase. First time out of the box the bottom barrel failed to fire. I tried several different brands of ammo and it was a constant. CZ was great in getting the gun in for repair ASAP. It has been almost 4 weeks now and I got an email saying that they found the gun needs replaced. As the email stated it could be 4-6 weeks and hunting season is upon us I decided to call and get clarification. They stated that it's basically an unknown as to when they get a new one out. It can be quick if they have one in stock or "take some time" if they have to track one down.

Has anyone else had a gun need to be replaced and have any insight as to a timeline? I'm still pretty upset that this gun wouldn't fire in the first place, and now hoping turnaround time isn't too long.

Offline tsl34

• CZ Sporter and CZ Super Scroll Combo
Re: Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »
Yes i did know it was unlikely, which is why I called to verify and they are replacing it with a new gun. And yes I do have other guns so I can still hunt. Yes they are doing the right thing. I was merely asking if anyone else had experienced this and what the timeline was.

Offline sa227

Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:24:12 AM »
The CZ Teal  bought my son for Christmas last year arrived with a slightly twisted front sight. I still haven?t done anything about it though. I was told to expect about 6wks turn around from a dealer friend of mine.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:25:44 AM by sa227 »

Offline jkon

Re: Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:40:19 AM »
I bought a Canvasback a few years back.  There were some flaws in the finish.  The replaced it with a new canvasback gold which was new that year.  process took about a month.  CZ's customer service is great.