Author Topic: SP01 on the way...Have I EVER drunk the CZ Kool-Aid!  (Read 1271 times)

Offline FN in MT

SP01 on the way...Have I EVER drunk the CZ Kool-Aid!
« on: October 17, 2017, 04:42:35 PM »
  No one can ever accuse me of NOT jumping into something with both feet. I tend to go 110% with most hobbies/interests. Just the way I am. All or why bother?

I am still surprised that I just purchased my 3rd CZ in as many months.  Bought a 75B, then the S2 now an SP01 off of Gunbroker yesterday.  When will it STOP?    (LOL)

FN in MT

Offline jeffw78

Re: SP01 on the way...Have I EVER drunk the CZ Kool-Aid!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
Congrats.  I am a little behind you on that same path.    I originally wanted a P01, but my P07 fills my carry needs just fine.  An SP01 is in my near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline muncie21

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »
  No one can ever accuse me of NOT jumping into something with both feet. I tend to go 110% with most hobbies/interests. Just the way I am. All or why bother?

I am still surprised that I just purchased my 3rd CZ in as many months.  Bought a 75B, then the S2 now an SP01 off of Gunbroker yesterday.  When will it STOP?    (LOL)

FN in MT

Wait until you shoot a Tactical Sport (TS) or TS Orange...and after that the Czechmate.  Before you know it, you'll need to change to user name from FN to CZ in MT. :D

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

FN in MT

Wait until you shoot a Tactical Sport (TS) or TS Orange...and after that the Czechmate.  Before you know it, you'll need to change to user name from FN to CZ in MT. :D

I already own a pair of very well set up SIG X-5's. A NOVAK BHP, and a few hi end 1911's. But the CZ 75B and my Shadow 2 have REALLY bitten me.  It's partially because they are ALL STEEL. And they have a very Browning Highpower sort of feel to me.  They just seem SO RIGHT in the hand.

Setting up the po1 and the 75B will give me something to DO in the Winter. And probably help CGW pay their electric bill.

What's next? A Compact or RAMI I think.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Nice run.  Keep it up.  I wouldn't pass up a 75B Stainless if you saw one! 8)

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 08:18:58 PM »
   I see very few CZ handguns here in Montana. My lone , remotely "nearby" , stocking Dealer ,is 145 miles away. And he usually has only a few striker fired guns in stock.   Though he DID have my original 75B.   If I had temptation in front of me, nearby....Who knows what I'd buy. O0

The S2 and the PO1 came from Gunbroker.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:19:55 PM by FN in MT »

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »
Interesting that you would have a Shadow -2 then decide to get a  SP-01?
but  what ever makes you happy I guess.
I went the other way I had a Sp-01 Tac and got a Shadow -2.
 The Shadow is a nicer package as to shooting, more accurate, less muzzle jump, etc. the Sp-01 is a fine weapon as well just not quite as good for me as the Shadow -2.
my carry is a P-01  so the SP-01 was a natural BIG BROTHER.
enjoy  the CZ has turned my head away from my 1911's, OH I got a 97 BD as well.
yes I am a sick Puppy.

Offline Oleman

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
I just picked up my first SP 01, already looking at a compact and getting rid of some others. Just something about metal gun, I was told this would happen

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
Interesting that you would have a Shadow -2 then decide to get a  SP-01?

My initial 75B was purchased as a truck gun, to keep in my man bag when I travel. I was looking for a good, hi capacity weapon, size and weight of little consequence. Shot  the 75B, liked it so much I decided to keep it as a user/steel challenge gun.

So the p01 is the next intended truck pistol. Whether it in fact makes it into my kifaru bag or not , is the issue. Could have simply bought another 75 but got the p01 pretty cheap and painlessly. So an opportunity to try another CZ.

That's the story.    Headed to pick up the p01 at my FFL in an hour. :)

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
I really like my P-01, its a tad thick for concealed but is dream to shoot, handles extremely well.
 actually I would have taken the P-01 or PCR, and even a  compact IF I could not have found the others.
Just so happened my local Dope Dea--ahh I mean Gun shop had the P-01's in stock.
I did put Tritium sights on my P-01 as it is a  dedicated carry pistol.
that's the only real down side to the gun is the sights really  need some help, at least for me.

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »
   Picked it up this afternoon. Took it down,, cleaned out all the grease, ran a patch through the bore, relubed, etc.

Hoping to get some trigger time this weekend.

Offline copemech

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 11:45:16 PM »
   Picked it up this afternoon. Took it down,, cleaned out all the grease, ran a patch through the bore, relubed, etc.

Hoping to get some trigger time this weekend.

P-07 for truck gun, then you will want to carry it! O0

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »
P 07.

NOT a fan of polymer or striker fired. TRIED my best with the SIG 320 and though I COULD live with one....I don't have to, so sold them.   I am begrudgingly carrying a G42 in the summer, but it IS about perfect for that job. My only glock...Ever.   Soon as it cools off, I go back to my Commander.

I want a shootable gun, with hi capacity. So that means "full sized". It's in a pack , I don't carry it...so compact/lt weight isn't needed.

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »
   Despite 15-25 mph winds...I could barely keep a target up....Shot the P01 this afternoon. 250 rds with nary a glitch.

Switched to a steel flapper tgt pretty quickly and it wore the paint off of that from 15 to 25 yds.   

Don't know what else to comment on...typical CZ reliability and accuracy.  I do like the night sights...blocky and easy to see.  Trigger is a bit creepy but once you have 5 rds downrange you are accustomed to it and can shoot it accurately.  I like the rubber grips...have a new set of LOK's, palm swells on the way...May not use them.

Now to make a holster for it....