Author Topic: Any IWI Jericho owners?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline GeneticallySwiss

Any IWI Jericho owners?
« on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »
Any of you guys own an IWI Jericho 941?  AKA Baby Desert Eagle, Jericho & Uzi Eagle.  They are a Helluva pistol, originally based on CZ-75.  Just curious.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
Re: Any IWI Jericho owners?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:21:51 PM »
I own a Jericho and enjoy shooting it very much. 
I would not rate it nearly as high as any of CZ's but more along the lines of a Sar Arms or Canik. 

Overall very nice gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
I own a Jericho and enjoy shooting it very much. 
 I would not rate it nearly as high as any of CZ's but more along the lines of a Sar Arms or Canik.

Overall very nice gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an owner of a SAR and a Canik, and frequent shooter of another Canik, even your recommendation is fairly glowing praise. Also, having shot a couple of CZ's I know too, you are right.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:20:29 PM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline movingtarget

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:37 AM »
I have a Jericho 941 FS 9mm, 941 F .45cal, and a Canik Shark FC. Love them all, I got a good price on all of them too. Great shooters, large capacity, nice price. What's not to love?
Canik Shark FC 9mm
CZ83 .380
Jericho 941 FS 9mm
Jericho 941 FS .45
H&K P7 PSP 9mm
Ruger Mk III Pac-Lite .22LR
Sig SP2022 .40cal & .357 Sig
Sig M11-A1 9mm
Sig SP2022 9mm
Kimber Custom II .45
Walther P38 9mm
Rossi 38 Spcl.
DPMS MOE Warrior AR15 with 5.56 and 300 Blackout uppers

Offline Bret

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
I own a full size, semi compact, single action full size, and even a full size with Philippine police markings.  All are great and I'd put them on par with CZ's.

Offline darink300zx

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
I have a Jericho 941F that I bought as a surplus firearm.  It is old and well worn and shoots great.  I need to do some work with the front sight because it is loose in it's dovetail and moved back and forth with finger pressure, but the gun shoots very well.  It's easily the least expensive tanfoglio based CZ75 design I've got.  I paid right at 250 for it and consider it a pretty good value.

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 08:23:18 AM »
I bought a full size PL9 about two years ago. I own a lot of 9mm handguns and the Jericho is one of my favorites. I liked it so much that I bought a compact PSL9 earlier this year. They have both been 100% reliable and I have not had a single issue. My only complaint is that I wish they had a decocker instead of a safety. I have been thinking about adding a compact steel .45 and I may buy a Magnum Research Desert Eagle version for the decocker.

Offline Bret

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 09:51:49 AM »
My only complaint is that I wish they had a decocker instead of a safety.
Funny.  They were only available with decockers in the past, so I didn't buy one.  Then the surplus 941F models became available and I've since purchased several.  Glad they could make both of us happy.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 11:04:48 PM »
My only complaint is that I wish they had a decocker instead of a safety.
Funny.  They were only available with decockers in the past, so I didn't buy one.  Then the surplus 941F models became available and I've since purchased several.  Glad they could make both of us happy.

Just as funny, for me, I think a safety on a DA/SA semi-auto has about as much point as a safety on a revolver. I think a de-cocker is a much better idea because AFTER you are through firing, it is STILL cocked. In the days of SA Only/Condition 1 carry, a safety made sense; not so much, anymore.
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline Bret

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 09:30:55 AM »
Just as funny, for me, I think a safety on a DA/SA semi-auto has about as much point as a safety on a revolver. I think a de-cocker is a much better idea because AFTER you are through firing, it is STILL cocked. In the days of SA Only/Condition 1 carry, a safety made sense; not so much, anymore.
I actually agree with you.  However, I don't really view manual safety CZ75's and clones as DA/SA pistols because they're effectively single action only pistols.  That is unless you choose to thumb down the hammer which I don't like to do.  I feel very comfortable carrying a CZ75 or clone cocked and locked.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »
I actually agree with you.  However, I don't really view manual safety CZ75's and clones as DA/SA pistols because they're effectively single action only pistols.  That is unless you choose to thumb down the hammer which I don't like to do.  I feel very comfortable carrying a CZ75 or clone cocked and locked.

Which is precisely WHY it needs a de-cocker. I never "thumb down" the hammer. I firmly grasp the hammer between thumb and forefinger, and ease it down while pointed in a safe direction.  I have been doing that for 40 years, with never an accident, but there is always tomorrow. For that reason, I would be happier with a de-cocker.
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Moken

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 01:09:25 PM »
I like the simpler weapon. (no decocker) Fewer parts and better trigger. I simply carry one in the pipe and hammer down and safety off. Double action and I'm confident I can lower the hammer.

Offline beanz2

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 03:55:14 PM »
As someone who started shooting rifles, the idea of a decocker handgun isn't as natural to me.  With my rifles, you always take the safety off to shoot and engage the safety when done shooting. I'd like to do the same with my handguns.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »
As someone who started shooting rifles, the idea of a decocker handgun isn't as natural to me.  With my rifles, you always take the safety off to shoot and engage the safety when done shooting. I'd like to do the same with my handguns.

I always shot rifles from the time I was a kid, so like you I was used to taking the safety off to fire. Then I went to a LEO Academy, back in the early 80's. I learned to fire a handgun with a revolver. When I moved to an automatic, I found the safety on every handgun I used very clumsy. I was used to double action pull being the only safety. Using just that for an automatic seemed very reasonable to me. I have never used, let alone carried an SA only auto. So, while I am used to manually decocking a revolver, and it really doesn't bother me, the automatic decocker is a level of safety I can agree with. The only automatic decocking handgun I have ever used was my PT-85, and it is the only thing I miss about that gun.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:21:55 PM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P