Author Topic: I went to the range to explore that P-10C "fatal flaw" as it was called...  (Read 23205 times)

Offline StuckonGlocks21

Since my fix, no more problems.

What was the fix you did to the back plate?  Can you post a picture of it in case it helps others like me.  David

The middle angled bevel is there from the factory. I beveled each end so if the plate drops down it is easily pushed up where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: I went to the range to explore that P-10C "fatal flaw" as it was called...
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »
Quote from: StuckonGlocks21
...But this video proves nothing. One guy, one gun. All Indians walk in single file, at least the one I saw did!

I think you missed the point - perhaps I should have been clearer. This was an answer to the Omaha video where the outfit has stripped the P-10C down to nothing to cerakote it, then shot it, then had the rotating striker malfunctions where he had to ride the slide to make it jam up. Yes, of course it is a sample of one, which is what I've been telling people about the one Omaha had, a sample of one. The same as the one Military Armaments Channel had doing the "gauntlet" and came out with colors flying. And I think I did mention that the corner of my slide cover is beveled in the same location, but I am reasonably certain it is from wear and tear, not factory. I also said at the end of the video that this problem does happen, it's been on a small series of pistols, and that the problem can be replicated on the firing line, as I did.

How many do we have here with this current issue? How many have contacted CZ-USA directly - I have, and sent them links to threads about this issue on several boards like this one, The High Road, and AR15.com.

BTW, I see Indians/Native Amerinds down here daily - they rarely walk in single file, at least the ones I've seen. ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:35:34 AM by armoredman »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Excellent Video!  8)

My cynical nature has a hard time finding Omaha outdoors as completely innocent, and only putting this out as a community service when their main bread and butter is ridiculously overpriced custom glocks.

Just a part of the "Glock Mafia".  ;)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline badwrench

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »
If the OO video did one thing, it made everyone aware of the issue. Sure, maybe they should've sent it to CZ first,  but, by putting it on youtube, millions of people saw it..There's no sweeping it under the rug now, it forces CZ's hand.. Now, somebody at CZ is going to have to get off their rear ends and take a look at this.. Alot of money is at stake, how they handle this will be very telling, If CZ cares about their customer base, they'll come up with a fix, if not they'll keep telling people it's not an issue. I'm going to be watching very carefully, I'm not married to any one brand, if I buy a pistol and it dosen't perform to my expectations, and after working with the manfacturer, I still can't get it to work, then, down the road it goes, it's that simple..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:46:13 PM by armoredman »

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
If the OO video did one thing, it made everyone aware of the issue. Sure, maybe they should've sent it to CZ first,  but, by putting it on youtube, millions of people saw it..There's no sweeping it under the rug now, it forces CZ's hand.. Now, somebody at CZ is going to have to get off their rear ends and take a look at this.. Alot of money is at stake, how they handle this will be very telling, If CZ cares about their customer base, they'll come up with a fix, if not they'll keep telling people it's not an issue. I'm going to be watching very carefully, I'm not married to any one brand, if I buy a pistol and it dosen't perform to my expectations, and after working with the manfacturer, I still can't get it to work, then, down the road it goes, it's that simple..

True story.   Now let's see if CZ does what Sig did when OO called out an issue with the P320 and does the whole "no we are Sig (in this case) our guns are perfect, there is nothing wrong, you are all stupid, army contract"

Or are they going to say hey look an issue let's fix that.

Wait if I remember correctly (and could be wrong, since I don't personally care all that much about the 10c) hasn't CZ already addressed this issue and has worked on a new back plate which should fix it?
Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline StuckonGlocks21

I went to the range to explore that P-10C "fatal flaw" as it was called...
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »

True story.   Now let's see if CZ does what Sig did when OO called out an issue with the P320 and does the whole "no we are Sig (in this case) our guns are perfect, there is nothing wrong, you are all stupid, army contract"

Or are they going to say hey look an issue let's fix that.

Wait if I remember correctly (and could be wrong, since I don't personally care all that much about the 10c) hasn't CZ already addressed this issue and has worked on a new back plate which should fix it?

I haven?t heard that. Doesn?t mean it?s not true though. Where did you get your information?

Edit to add:
I just got back from the gun shop. He had a new P10C with a serial number starting with C386xxx. The slide cover plate is indeed a new design and it has bevels on it. They are at a shallow angle that should further reduce the chances of it catching on the frame. The mag release worked smoothly as did the slide catch. The trigger was lighter than mine was when new and VERY crisp. Seriously thinking of returning to buy.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:10:40 PM by StuckonGlocks21 »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 11:29:08 PM »
Very interesting - so there's the first data for our serial number thread - C386 is in the updated range. Mine is C208 range, and had the stiff mag release and slide release.

Offline ranastas

I went to the range to explore that P-10C "fatal flaw" as it was called...
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »
Mine is 2008XX, just a little stiff on the slide release. Everything else was perfect.

Honestly this whole thing is getting old. Some times guns especially new models have problems from the factory. If your smart you buy from a good company with good service and they take care of the issue. Even happens to glocks which I own and still carry.  People saying their gonna throw it away or pass it on to someone else without a heads up, come on man. And OO can pound sand, if they wanted to help they would make a video showing the problem after contacting cz for the solution, either way it would show what to do and what to expect from the grownup way of addressing it.  Yeah it sucks and on behalf of me and CZ I?m sorry, but if you still want to get rid of your P10s I?ll buy them off of you to kill the pain.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:07:02 PM by ranastas »

Offline badwrench

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 10:37:19 AM »
Mine is 2008XX, just a little stiff on the slide release. Everything else was perfect.

Honestly this whole thing is getting old. Some times guns especially new models have problems from the factory. If your smart you buy from a good company with good service and they take care of the issue. Even happens to glocks which I own and still carry.  People saying their gonna throw it away or pass it on to someone else without a heads up, come on man. And OO can pound sand, if they wanted to help they would make a video showing the problem after contacting cz for the solution, either way it would show what to do and what to expect from the grownup way of addressing it.  Yeah it sucks and on behalf of me and CZ I?m sorry, but if you still want to get rid of your P10s I?ll buy them off of you to kill the pain.

OK Dude, you're on..I've got a tan P-10c, with 3 extra  mags, and Dara IWB holster..$550 and it's all yours.. You can pm me with payment, shipping details.. I'm sticking with CZ DA/SA pistols they work, with no drama.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:42:15 AM by badwrench »

Offline ranastas

Didn?t pay 550 for mine new but I?m willing to negotiate. All I?m sayin is this happens, is it frustrating yes of course it is.  The truth of the matter is that guns of all manufacturers, striker, DA/Sa,  whatever some get out of the factory not right.

Offline ranastas

Btw what color is it?

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 12:52:08 PM »
I've placed a call to C Z Customer Service to see if there is any truth to the redesign of the slide cover plate on the newly released models. I will give them the serial number starting with C386 and try to determine if the side plate was redesigned and, if so,  what was the starting serial number. Mine is C356. As soon as I hear back, I will post their response. Well that was quick. I just received a call back and learned the following. First and foremost there has been no redesign of the slide cover plate and I was told that with all the CZP-10C's sold, less than 1 percent have been returned to some kind of warranty work. As far as my CZP-10 is concerned, I have not had any issues with the striker moving sideways and the slide hanging up. The side release is stiff without a loaded magazine inserted. It's better with one in the gun but not super easy. Not a problem for me since I always sling shot the side rather than using the slide release button. The mag release was stiff in the beginning but has gotten better with use. Overall I am very pleased with my CZP-10.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline badwrench

Didn?t pay 550 for mine new but I?m willing to negotiate. All I?m sayin is this happens, is it frustrating yes of course it is.  The truth of the matter is that guns of all manufacturers, striker, DA/Sa,  whatever some get out of the factory not right.

I read your other post...
I did'nt pay $550 either, I'm throwing in 3 extra mags and a  Dara IWB holster. It is tan(FDE,whatever they want to call it) in color, if you're serious, pm me, we'll talk..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:59:26 PM by badwrench »

Offline ranastas

Ok

Offline diernosaj

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 05:06:50 PM »

I like to play devils advocate.  To be fair it only has 7,915 views at the time of this post.  OO only has 5,800 subscribers.  I think it would also be fair for them to do a followup review on a completely stock unit.  They bleeped off every p10c in existence with that review on a full strip cerakote job gun.  Glad I didn't watch it before I bought mine.  Its been pretty amazing and I'm completely satisfied with the gun and it operates and functions 100% as it should. 

anything