Author Topic: I went to the range to explore that P-10C "fatal flaw" as it was called...  (Read 23374 times)

Offline Thebillsman

Re: I went to the range to explore that P-10C "fatal flaw" as it was called...
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »
Does anyone know the effected serial number range?

I'm C204--- and have experienced no issues.

Offline StuckonGlocks21

Does anyone know the effected serial number range?

I'm C204--- and have experienced no issues.
I?m not sure when CZ started ramping the slide cover plates but a new one around C386xxx has a factory ramped plate. That?s all it needs to not have the ?fatal flaw ? stoppage. If yours isn?t ramps I think you should try to get one from CZ, even if you?ve had no issues. Other than a few broken striker tips, that?s the only questionable part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
I did have a broken striker tip and was sent a replacement. After installing it, my gunsmith noticed that the striker block spring had snapped in half. I sent my P-10 back to CZ Warranty Service to have the spring replaced. I was told that they are also going to replace the slide cover plate. Apparently they are doing this on ever P-10 returned for warranty repair.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline StuckonGlocks21

I did have a broken striker tip and was sent a replacement. After installing it, my gunsmith noticed that the striker block spring had snapped in half. I sent my P-10 back to CZ Warranty Service to have the spring replaced. I was told that they are also going to replace the slide cover plate. Apparently they are doing this on ever P-10 returned for warranty repair.
Uh oh. Looks like we have another part to watch out for. That is a flimsy little spring.

Offline Oldhammerdude

Uh oh. Looks like we have another part to watch out for. That is a flimsy little spring.

I had the pivot pin that spring rides on pop out once and the little bugger got out of it's spot. The job of putting it back in the right place for me was three hands a pair of tweezers and a set of forceps. But it went in.   True, it's some tiny wire on that springy Little thing.
  Good luck, mine is off at repair for 2.5 weeks now and counting for the out of battery issue
Tap-Rack-Oh Crap

Offline cremaley

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »
On the plus side mine is the only P-10 to be returned for replacing the striker block spring so I don't think it will become a major issue plus I'm not a 100% that it actually broke. When I asked my gunsmith if he had to remove the striker block spring to install the replacement striker he said no so I am not sure why he removed it. This was his first P-10 to work on and he may have removed the spring to check it out and simply lost it in the process. When I asked him for the broken spring he said he did not have it plus he did not charge me for any of the work he performed which included polishing the trigger components and installing the replacement striker. Very strange. Based on this I don't think I would be overly concerned about this spring being an issue.

On another subject I was reading on the Colt Forum today where the time frame they are quoting for warranty repair work for the new Colt Cobra is 4-5 months so 4-5 weeks from CZ doesn't seem so bad.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:43:06 PM by cremaley »
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »
That could be - heard a mechanic do the same thing with a serpentine belt...when he could produce the old one, replacement costs/labor became zero. ;)
I think one of the aspects here of "extensive testing" is that you have to procude mass quantities to have failures that are rare enough to show up, as opposed to however prototypes they made, plus that last minute "adjustment" to bring it in to the US...remember the originals were slightly different than the imported variants, and I never really did find out all the things that had t be changed at the last minute to suit government inspectors.
For information purposes, mine is a C208 series, and it has all the old stuff, being one of the first FDE models in the US.

Offline cremaley

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2017, 07:31:25 PM »
That could be - heard a mechanic do the same thing with a serpentine belt...when he could produce the old one, replacement costs/labor became zero. ;)
I think one of the aspects here of "extensive testing" is that you have to procude mass quantities to have failures that are rare enough to show up, as opposed to however prototypes they made, plus that last minute "adjustment" to bring it in to the US...remember the originals were slightly different than the imported variants, and I never really did find out all the things that had t be changed at the last minute to suit government inspectors.
For information purposes, mine is a C208 series, and it has all the old stuff, being one of the first FDE models in the US.

Mine is a C356 series and was manufactured sometime in September of this year.
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline cocowheats

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
To be clear, the pictures I posted on page 7 weren't me saying the striker sleeve recess in the plate was new, just pointing out that mine had one as well as the ramping and that my plate remains tight. Mine is C386xxx.

A good buddy of mine had an early one. The tip of his striker snapped off. Wish I had pictures of his internals...

So, we need pics of back plates without the striker sleeve recess now.

Offline jlong@416

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2017, 02:03:05 PM »
My p10 was manufactured in 2016, test fired 1/28 this year.  Backplate is tight, is not beveled, striker does not rotate unless forced. #is C154...Trigger is lighter than when new after 550 rounds. It's very accurate.  However, it bites, even after rounding the bottom edge and assuring the bottom of the dongle is flush with the face of the trigger shoe.  Once a trigger comes out that assures a cure, I'll replace the original and file on it till it's fixed or ruined.  Have a 75b and an 83 in 9X18.

Offline cremaley

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »
Good news! Has occasion to speak with CZ Warranty Service today and was told that they now have new replacement parts for the P-10 in stock in Kansas City including strikers. They told me they would run a thorough check of my P-10 before returning it to me including checking the replacement striker they sent to me a few weeks ago which I believe came out of another P-10. If it does not look and perform 100% they will replace it with a new one. I asked if the 4-6 weeks turnaround time is accurate and they said yes. I am really looking forward to getting my P-10 back.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:17:24 PM by cremaley »
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »
Excellent!  8)

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »
Patrick from the Firearms Rack (formerly of TFB TV) just posted a video update.  He's got 1,100 rounds through his P10C and can't induce the malfunction, either.

4:55 for the commentary on the issue.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2017, 05:15:13 PM »
Well, maybe they'll listen to someone with more "TV" time than me, then. :) However, it is nice to see the ones that are having real issues being promptly addressed by CZ-USA.

Edit to add, my little video has 3000 views now. Lots of really bored people out there, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:34:22 AM by armoredman »

Offline StuckonGlocks21

Well, maybe they'll listen to someone with more "TV" time than me, then. :) However, it is nice to see the ones that are having real issues being promptly addressed by CZ-USA.

Edit to add, my little video has 3000 views now. Lots of really bored people out there, I guess.
Maybe not so much bored, just looking for skin issues and other insignificant flaws to criticize you about. ;)