Author Topic: P-01 Omega Safety Concern?  (Read 70771 times)

Offline Rayray250

Re: P-01 Omega Safety Concern?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 07:05:27 AM »
Well I finally found one of these things only to get home and stumble upon this issue.

I haven't been to the range yet, and I was unable to reproduce the issue manually.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.  This pistol sits so nice in my hand I hope there's a good fix to sure this up.

supergunner84

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
Hey everyone, got the P-01 back from CZ and the issue is fixed, but created another.... Yippie.

I sent it in to CZ siting the decocker issue and that I couldn't get the swappable safety to install.  Both of those issues got resolved.  They swapped out the decocker spring (with what I believe is a P-07 spring), which is a huge pain in the keester to put back, they swapped out the sear and adjusted the safety.  They didn't do anything to the ejector. Original problem, resolved

But, the fun part now is that when I decock the gun, the hammer drops all the way to the firing pin :o See the attached video.  Called CZ up and they want it back yet again.

Cheers,
SG

Offline del4c

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »
Does CZ they think were all %$$ holes! come on CZ they had their rank and file fiddle with it and didn`t dig down far enough in the weeds to correct the issue the right way.- how to let it go like that is piss
poor service and tells me not to send anything to them.

I`d rather buy the various parts and do it myself.

Mine does the same thing- some people that have this model say that they can`t get it to re-create the problem, some people I think , really don`t how re-create the problem to test it correctly.

I would like to create a list of owners who have this same problem and email CZ a master complaint list and demand resolution to this issue.

Send your emails/info to me and I`ll create some type correspondence to CZ

Numbers in force!

supergunner84

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 05:54:38 PM »
Easy now, CZ has been very responsive when I call them up. Something is astray with what seems to be new build p01 omegas. The guys at cz did fix the issue I was having, somehow the spring and sear cause this issue, but now there is the decocker issue. 

I'll make sure to follow up with everyone when it gets back, in the mean time I urge everyone that I having this happen to contact cz and send it in.

Cheers,
SG

Offline Muggins

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
Just had the same exact thing happen. I took my brand new P-01 Omega to the range for the first time yesterday.  The first 20 shots were great,  then every few shots the decocker would start sliding out from the frame and flip upwards.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

supergunner84

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »
Just had the same exact thing happen. I took my brand new P-01 Omega to the range for the first time yesterday.  The first 20 shots were great,  then every few shots the decocker would start sliding out from the frame and flip upwards.

Muggins,

Just to clarify, yours popped free during typical shooting and ejection, no FTE?

For anyone that knows the lockwork of the Omega's, I would be very interested in what your opinions are.  Let us all know!

Cheers,
SG

Offline Muggins

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »

Muggins,

Just to clarify, yours popped free during typical shooting and ejection, no FTE?

For anyone that knows the lockwork of the Omega's, I would be very interested in what your opinions are.  Let us all know!

Cheers,
SG

Yep, that is correct. This was occurring during typical shooting and ejection. At no point did I experience any FTEs, and everything else functioned normally. If the decocker hadn't started coming out, I would have been able to continue shooting without issue, as each time it happened it had successfully loaded another live round into the chamber. As it were, rotating the decocker down and pushing it back into place made the trigger active once again and I was able to fire the round loaded in the chamber.

The ammo I was using was predominantly Sellier & Bellot 124gr, with a few rounds of Federal HST 147gr, as I had high hopes of making this my CCW and wanted to make sure the rounds I typically carry functioned well. The issue happened with both (S&B twice, Federal once) before I decided to pack it up and head home since obviously there was an issue beyond ammunition.

Offline thedude

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 09:56:23 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of this happening with a P-07 or P-09? It seems like the only folks having a problem are running the decocker on the P-01 omega and not the thumb safety. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
Well, whether P01, P07 or P09 they are all Omega models (any CZ 75 Omega's ever done this - it's the only one we haven't mentioned).

I run safeties on all mine but the pieces that "hold" the levers/knobs/shafts in the frame are the same whether safety or decocker - right?

So what is different?  The little spring the decocker mode uses that isn't required/used when the safeties are installed.

Had another thought, just lost it, maybe it'll come back in a bit.

I took mine apart again.  Fiddled with it.  I can see why a double feed/sort of empty plus the next round might put downwards pressure on the ejector and move it out of position to hold the left side decocker or safety in it's proper place, but the safety isn't moving leftward out of the frame when I push down on the frame and shake it hard.

Back to that spring used only for the decocker set up.  If installed wrong (can it even be installed wrong??) can it provide a push to the left that causes a loosely fitted decocker lever to move when the ejector is pushed down by either a double feed/stovepipe type issue or by an ejector nose that forces the ejector to bounce downwards when striking an empty the slide carries back out of the chamber?

Oh, the "thought" popped back in my head.  Would the shape of the ejector "nose" have anything to do with the problem?  If the ejector is shaped such that striking the empty as the slide moves rearward would knock it downward hard enough move downward to release the left side decocker?  I'm wondering about the angles of the ejector slot vs. the decocker shaft and an impact between the two jarring/pushing the decocker to the left.

No matter the cause, it's something not quite right about the design or the shape/orientation of the parts that make up the pistol = factory responsibility to track it down and correct it, but I get curious, sometimes and the "engineer" in me wakes up and wants to know.

I'm on arfcom and sure several other folks here are as well.  I've not seen anything about the P07/P09 having this issue.  Has anyone else?

Those on arfcom probably know that the member base is pretty darn big and many of them like to complain so I'd think if it was happening someone there would have either had it happen to them or heard about it happening and shared it with the forum.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 10:54:27 AM »
Not to discount what?s been reported here, but I haven?t had any of these issues w/ my P01 Omega, and I?ve been shooting quite a bit in IDPA matches..

I kept it as a decocker & didn?t change it to safety at any time.

My ejector is pretty firm, not nearly as flexible as shown in an earlier video. I?d agre w/ David from CGW, it?s probably out of spec.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Bapple

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
My P-01 Omega is an early 2016 model and does not have any of the problems listed in this thread.  My P-01 was also given the full build by David at CGW also but I don't think that would have changed anything.  Just wanted to throw out there that my early 2016 model seems to be absent of these problems so maybe it is a problem with recent runs of the P-01 Omegas?

supergunner84

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »
Thank you everybody for your input. My pistol is back at CZ for round 2, hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.  I really can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to read this thread :)

M1A4ME,

The ejector is common between the safety setup and the decocker set up, the only difference other than the different levers is that the decocker spring is not installed when running safeties.  The lock work is otherwise identical.

Regarding the spring, I don't think it could be installed incorrectly, put one in in the roll pin hole and the other loops under the decocker.  I believe if the spring is bent up or something, it could produce a side load on the decocker.
 When I got mine back from CZ (the first time), they did replace the spring with a different one that had an extra bend in it. The also replaced the sear.  Whatever they did fixed the issue I was having, but now it decocks all the way down to the firing pin (hence round 2 on the warranty).

Regarding the shape of the ejector "nose", it may possibly have an impact on the decocker.  I don't know what angle the ejector has with regards to the axis of the bullet being ejected, but a simple sum of the moments about the hinge point of the ejector will determine how stiff the ejector spring has to be.  If the ejector spring was much stiffer in the past and it has been recently changed, it could have an impact.  The spring stiffness was mentioned a couple of posts above by Tanners Owner.

Cheers,
SG
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:52:54 PM by supergunner84 »

Offline rkubatk21

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »
Oh dear god *facepalm* On a positive note my suppressor ready omega does not do this.

Offline rkubatk21

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »
Not to discount what?s been reported here, but I haven?t had any of these issues w/ my P01 Omega, and I?ve been shooting quite a bit in IDPA matches..

I kept it as a decocker & didn?t change it to safety at any time.

My ejector is pretty firm, not nearly as flexible as shown in an earlier video. I?d agre w/ David from CGW, it?s probably out of spec.

Appears to be a 2017 issue my suppressor ready omega does not do this, but seriously though how can you let a gun where the de cocker causes the hammer to hit the firing block leave the factory like that?!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 12:11:03 AM »
Mailed my P-01 in to CZ, we'll see how they remedy the issue.

anything