Author Topic: Kahr P9??  (Read 1441 times)

Offline verbaltharhino

Kahr P9??
« on: January 15, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »
Hello.  I went into a new shop the other day and had the opportunity to handle either a Kahr P9 or CW9.  I went home and did a little looking around.  Their NIB price of $409 seemed low for a P9, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.  The CW9 is closer to that price range ($409 is still low), but I'm 75% sure the tag said P9.

To make a long story short, the pistol seems like a perfect CCW pistol.  The grip is thin (single stack), and has enough room for my extra three fingers.  Very light, too.  

My concern is the reliability.  I read a few articles/ posts elsewhere that mentioned feeding issues, mag issues, etc.  Any real-life experiences here?  What I read offered the K9 as very reliable but the P9 a little less so.

Thanks in advance!

foxmoor

Kahr P9??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »
I have a Kahr P9 Covert - same pistol, just a 1/2" shorter grip.  Great shooter and mine has been perfectly rellable and remarkably accurate.  Very narrow and easy to carry.  

Foxmoor

Walt-Sherrill

Kahr P9??
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »
I also have a Kahr P9.  Nice gun.  Well made, great DAO trigger, very, very narrow and easily concealed.  Accurate gun.  If the capacity were a bit greater, it would be an almost-perfect CC weapon.  Not bad as it is.

I'd like a larger magazine (and use mags from the full-size steel models, which gives me 8 rounds and one in the pipe.)

Offline verbaltharhino

Kahr P9??
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 01:02:47 AM »
I went back to the shop today.  Unfortunately, it was a CW9.  The front sight is pinned in, no dovetail for aftermarket night sights.  Bummer...

I might just keep my eyes peeled on gunbroker for a nice used K9 or P9.  Thanks for the replies!!

Offline twoguns

Kahr P9??
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »
Howdy sir,

I have owned one K9s and two K40s.  All of mine were totally reliable.  I sold my only K9 to my office mate who wanted it to carry as a backup weapon.  

I know this may sound a bit strange, but in my hands I discovered the K40 had less felt recoil than the K9 did yo me.  So I began carrying the K40 as my boot gun.  It only hold one round less than the K9, and I could live with that.

I have never owned or fired anything besides these two models, so I can not speak to any other Kahr models.  But these two might well be worth you taking a look at.  Personally I prefer the steel, as it helps me recover much better in rapid pairs.  I could be wrong, but I feel like it should last a bit longer than non-steel models too.  At least that is the logic I use, correct or not.

All of mine had Trijicons installed and my POA/POI was never an issue.

Just my thoughts if they help you at all.

twoguns